Senior Java Developer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW OF ROLE/JOB PURPOSE:
Vertex North America is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Java Developer to join our development team. The successful candidate will be proficient in designing, developing, testing and supporting contact center based software applications using Open Source frameworks and tools. Our solutions include IVR, CTI and CRM based applications. This candidate must be able to work in an environment leveraging Scrum, continuous integration and other agile practices, be able to code components in Java and be able to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
* Contribute significantly to the design, development and support of our contact center based applications, implementing complex requirements.
* Multi-task between current releases, implementation activities, production support, and prioritizing tasks for the next release.
* Understand and contribute to a large existing codebase, including new features, refactoring, and debugging.
* Working directly with our clients in both pre-sales and delivery situations to promote our solutions, determine client requirements, and ensure successful delivery
* 10+ years of software development experience
* 5+ years of experience developing and supporting Java EE applications
* 3+ years of experience developing Contact Center solutions (specifically CTI applications)
* Must have very strong core Java 7 skills and very strong Java EE 6 skills
* Experience developing both SOAP and REST-based web services
* Experience developing with and supporting applications using Spring
* Experience developing with and supporting applications using Hibernate
* Experience managing Apache Tomcat
* Experience building software using Maven
* Extensive experience building and leveraging reusable services, patterns and frameworks
* Experience in formal softwareengineering methodologies, including test-driven development and agile development (scrum/sprints)
* Proven ability to quickly master business domains of enterprise applications
* Ability to work cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals
* Strong communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal)