Senior Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
The Global Prime Operations Technology team is looking for a senior Java developer in Raleigh.
This is a permanent position and the primary role is to develop Java code in highly critical, time sensitive, and client facing applications at the forefront of major F2B initiatives, like balance sheet optimization and legal entity migration.
Key applications include:
* The books and records for all Prime Brokerage clients, providing positions, balances and transactions for client reporting and margin calculations processing approximately 300,000 positions daily valued at approximately $300 billion covering multiple asset classes.
* The trade matching & affirmation engine for all Prime Brokerage trades and confirms 500,000 transactions are processed daily responsible for the settlement of all client trades.
* Money market sweeps moving client excess cash to various fund providers and has led directly to a balance sheet reduction of almost $4 billion the daily transmission volume is approximately $200 million.
The global team is in NY, Raleigh, Mexico, Boston, London, and India.
The successful candidate should be able to create and modify complex Java code, assess complicated data models and messaging flows, and develop and review performant and involved SQL manipulating large volumes of data.
The candidate will be providing guidance and leadership to a global team on strategic deliverables.
Additional responsibilities would include liaising with business analysts, other development teams, and QA and production support teams.
Knowledge of financial instruments and reporting/analytical skills are strongly preferred.
* College degree, Financial experience.
* 8-10 years experience in Java and Oracle.
* Expertise in control-M and messaging flows.
* 6-8 years experience in Unix.
* Financial business knowledge strongly recommended.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Prior delivery/project/people management experience
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.