Senior Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 7/4/2017
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work in our Washington DC office.
The ECS Team provides focused agile software development and integration of an industry leading Content Management System for the Government Accountability Office. Development is done using Java and J2EE technologies and uses a NoSQL backend run on MarkLogic. Development team members will exercise their experiences in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design, customize and integrate application using Java/J2EE based on Enterprise Software.
* Design and Code to preserve upgrade path and maintainability for long term use at the agency.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems.
* Assist in the integration and implementation of this application into production.
* Along with a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure, respond to changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
* Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally or in writing to design most efficient and effective application design.
* Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
* Perform maintenance on application once deployed to production.
* Other duties as needed.
* BS in Computer Science
* Content Management System experience
* 7+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale enterprise application development and deployment using Java/J2EE technologies.
* Experience in plugin architecture.
* Ability to develop solutions based on both relational and NoSQL database systems.
* Agile/Scrum experience
* Demonstrated ability to join an existing team and understand progress and design concept
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
* Must be a Green Card Holder or US Citizen
* UI experience
* Experience with XML usage in Java applications preferred
* Experience with MarkLogic XML Server
* Automated Testing/Selenium experience
* Section 508 experience
* Performance and optimization and Disaster Recovery design/implementation
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.