Senior Java Developer with IBM Jazz Suite
ROLE : SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER WITH IBM JAZZ SUITE
LOCATION : HARRISBURG, PA (NEED LOCALS)
DURATION :12+ MONTHS
PRIMARY SKILLS : OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING ,JAVA ,JAVA FRAMEWORKS ,IBM JAZZ SUITE ,IBM WEBSPHERE AND XML SERVICE
INTERVIEW : THIS REQUISITION REQUIRES ONSITE IN-PERSON FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWS ONLY
The Programmer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code. Programmers typically are involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. Programmers have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies. The Programmer works with the Functional Architect and Technical Architecture Specialist on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements.
* Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
* Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
* Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
* Proven experience mentoring and performing supervisory functions for technical teams.
* Able to make best practice recommendations based on past work.
* Proven ability to present complex technical constructs to business and non-technical users.
* Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects.
* Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
* Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
* This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
* Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
* Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
* Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
* May coordinate activities of computer programmers.
* Plans all required process steps.
* Reviews and understands the Application Team's work plan.
* Provides status of work to Team Lead.
* Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team.
* Develops contingency plans as necessary.
* Engages in ongoing process improvement.
* Detailed functional and process knowledge.
* Utilizes deep modeling, design and coding skills.
* Provides expertise in one or more database environments.
* Analyzes and designs enhancements, development programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
* Designs applications to functional and technical programming standards.
* Works with Functional Architects to gather and interprets user requirements into design specifications.
* Develops system specifications and interfaces.
* Determines time estimates and schedule for work.
* Moderates functional and process knowledge.
* Assists in managing and directing Application Team processes.
* Coordinates work with other software developers on Application Teams.
* Assists Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
* Develops application designs in support of the systems specifications and interfaces, perhaps in conjunction with application or technical architects.
* Operating System expertise sufficient to perform performance and tuning diagnostics.
* Works with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
* Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
* Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
* Anticipates and resolves issues specific to the team.
* Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Identifies and tracks issues, risks and action items.
* Codes enhancement and development programs and/or required fixes to production problems using the functional and technical programming standards.
* Tests enhancement and development programs.
* Participates in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
* Executes all required process steps.
* Creates and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
* Utilizes configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
* Researches problems before approaching the Team Lead or Functional Architect for assistance.
* Limited functional knowledge.
* Follows quality standards.
* Supports installation of application releases into production as directed.
* Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Complete assigned tasks.
* Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
* Object Oriented Programming Experience. (minimum 8 years)
* Java (experience with Eclipse and/or Rational Team Concert - minimum 8 years).
* Java Frameworks (JSF, EJB 3.1, Primefaces, Hibernate - minimum 5 years).
* Design/Develop and unit test server-side JEE/Java Code. Very strong design and implementation skills in Java/JEE Technology. (minimum 8 years)
* IBM Jazz suite (i.e. Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager) Experience (minimum 5 years of experience).
* IBM WebSphere Experience. (Minimum 5 years of experience).
* Database Programming/SQL Experience with major DBMS (DB2, SQL Server, Oracle) (Minimum 8 years' experience.).
* Web Services Experience (SOAP, RESTful) (Minimum 5 years of experience)
* XML Experience (XML, XSD, XSLT). (Minimum 5 years of experience)
* Superior analysis and troubleshooting skills.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Java Certification.
* Previous Application Development Experience and knowledge of Systems & Standards.
* Perform advanced java development tasks
* Perform code reviews and assist in mentoring other developers
* Provide advanced programming skills to high priority IT Portfolio Projects as directed.
* Perform knowledge transfer/transition activities to facilitate the use and maintenance of developed components.