Senior Java Engineer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT ZIPWHIP
At Zipwhip, we have a passion for empowering businesses with the ability to communicate with customers the way they want to be reached: texting. We pioneered the concept of using the "cloud" to text enable existing landline and toll free numbers from virtually any connected device. Currently, Zipwhip also offers a carrier-grade texting platform to help mobile and landline operators modernize the text messaging medium. Our technology introduces trailblazing functionality while holding true to the distinct culture of texting that consumers have grown to love. Zipwhip cloud texting powers over 18M existing wireless and fixed line phone numbers.
Zipwhip was founded in 2007 with the mission to revolutionize the telecommunications industry with the philosophy that "the medium is the message". As a Seattle-based tech startup, we work hard, play kind of hard, and collaborate for genius ideas whenever possible.
* Design, architect, and develop software and system solutions in Java / Spring Boot
* Develop scalable, distributed systems to handle increasing customer traffic
* Solve problems relating to streaming user content, real time notifications, and large data sets
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
* Extensive skill and experience in object oriented programming, specifically Java and Spring
* Solid experience with Spring Integration and Messaging.
* Strong knowledge of service oriented architecture and design patterns.
* Experience in developing fault-tolerant solutions that gracefully handle failure and geo-redundancy.
* Expertise in working with relational databases and TSQL.
* Experience in handling large data sets with NoSQL solutions, (ex: Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
* Energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving results
* Background in Unix based operating systems, specifically Linux
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience