Senior Java / Shell Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER position is responsible to perform a variety of critical programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements, also maintaining and modifying programs.
* Design and develop systems utilizing various Java technologies including J2EE, JSP, Struts, Servlets and Swing Applets.
* Provide system support on legacy UNIX shell scripts
* Perform DB analysis/design on MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries, views, stores procedures, triggers, etc.
* Participate in multi-resource projects in an agile, team-driven environment.
* Evaluate/suggest industry standard tools and methods
* Provide software installation/updates for various environments
* Analyze requirements and provide design/development/test effort estimates as needed
* Document software design and contribute to design reviews
* Provide analysis of available data and work closely with technical and sales teams to guide future projects
* Other duties as assigned
* 5+ years Java programming, including strong Java web interface development skills - MVC patterns, Servlets and JSPs.
* Experience in creating and consuming web services.
* 5+ years SQL/Database experience
* 3+ years Unix Shell, specifically experience with scripting tools such as sed, awk, etc.
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE IN C PROGRAMMING
* Experience working with and customizing Ant or Maven build scripts
* Experience using source control systems, subversion (SVN) preferred
* College degree (computer science or business strongly preferred) or equivalent experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills (including technical writing)
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Ability to consistently set and meet timelines for programming assignments
* Ability to eagerly take on the most challenging projects as well as help resolve problems reported while working in a fast pace dynamic environment
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Knowledge of BIRT reports and Cognos Cube is a plus
* Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate is a plus
* Experience with Retail systems, either Point-of-sale or Back-office/Warehouse management technologies is a plus
* Significant experience in UI design and analysis is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 /year
* Java programming, including strong Java web interface development skills - MVC patterns, Servlets an: 5years
* SQL/Database: 5years
* Unix Shell, specifically experience with scripting tools such as sed, awk, etc.: 3years
* Local to the Roslyn Ny; within an hour's drive.