Senior Java Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
My client, a technology company in Center City Philadelphia, is seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer for a contract to hire position.
My client is building a new innovation team to develop a next generation learning experience platform. To transform the business and company culture, we're creating a team in Philadelphia to work boldly and collaboratively on concepts and designs for a user-centric suite of teaching and learning tools. We now require a Senior Software Engineer to create a best-in-class experience to the end-user for all our education tools.
* As Software Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for developing best-in-class software * high-quality, well-documented, defect-free code - and applications.
* The successful candidate will work with the project architect to develop to industry and company standards. In addition, we will look to this person to understand the customer and business needs.
* The Software Engineer will suggest simple, maintainable product and project features which meet/anticipate customer needs.
* Develops code in accordance with Object-Oriented Design principles.
* Must be willing to embrace and master new technologies.
* You will work as part of a strong, close-knit team and contribute to a positive team working environment and team.
* Strong hands-on programming and development experience (5+ years) to include experience across languages and projects
* Ability to work in an Agile development environment
* Extensive experience of web application development & client/server development
* REST (and other API) development experience is a plus
* A background in Educational technology and/or healthcare and nursing is a plus
* Responsive Design experience Twitter Bootstrap, SASS or LESS is a plus
* Open source or community experience is a plus
Note this is a spectrum of requirements, and not all skills mentioned above are required of the selected candidate.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.