Senior Lead Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Professional Network Operations Center (ProNOC) is hiring a Sr. Lead Engineer to provide operational support in specified areas. The ProNOC provides customer support and trouble resolution on Private Enterprise Customer Networks. These Networks consist of Ethernet over SONET, Ethernet over DWDM and IP products. The Sr. Lead Engineer position is responsible for providing Operational Support in a defined role within the ProNOC in support of our customers networks specifically focused on Ciena 6500 delivery platform.
This position interfaces with customers, internal CTL teams and specified vendor organizations. This position will be a SPOC for CenturyLink Operations and Sales departments, outside vendors, carriers and end user customers focused on support for private enterprise customer networks. This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations, and provides technical direction to others in pursuit of complex problem resolution focused on evolving technologies and system platforms.
* Act as a technical project leader and provide work leadership for lower level employees.
* Independently plans and carries out assignments of a Technical nature in conformance with accepted policies and practices, often influencing others who are not direct reports.
* Acts as consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and actions necessary to obtain solutions.
* Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward complex problem resolution.
* Regarded as subject matter expert in applied research, problem determination and resolution of complex issues.
* Will represent the ProNOC while working directly with clients, suppliers and CenturyLink employees in pursuit of problem resolution and service recovery plans on customer specific services platforms, namely Ciena 6500.
* SPOC for customer specific network issues on Ciena 6500 platform.
* Requirement to develop Ciena 6500 skill set to act as SME for platform services delivery, support and restoration activities.
* Will participate in client meetings. Expected business travel is 30% or less.
* Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Electronics or equivalent education and relevant experience.
* 10+ Years related experience, or 8+ Years with a Masters Degree.
* Fully-qualified professional with an expert level of understanding of Ethernet and Transport technologies, data communications and telecommunications operations.
* This position requires the application of advanced knowledge and concepts using judgment and discretion to resolve a wide range of issues in the realm of Ethernet, Subsea and Transport Network Service delivery.
* 7-10+ years experience working in a Network Operations and/or Telecommunications Customer Service environment.
* Focus on customer interaction/SPOC responsibilitiesrequired.
* Advanced level of knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint).
* Utilize Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook to document and communicate business information.
* Must be able to utilize Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, generate reports and analyze report data.
* Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have the ability to engage in written and verbal communications with all levels of CenturyLink employees, customers and partners.
* This position will frequently engage with Senior-level employees and customers in support of CenturyLink's products and services.
* Demonstrated high personal work standards. Self development orientation, initiative, delegation and setting work standard.
* Ability to work independently with little work instruction.
* Must possess strong planning, organizing, and implementing skills, along with conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
* Must possess Project Management skills, including the ability to manage the implementation of a broad, coordinated set of tasks, plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the department.
* Possess high integrity and ethical behavior and hold others to same standards.
* Understanding of the OSI model, specifically Layer 1, 2 and 3.
* A firm understanding of IP routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, NLSP,IGRP,EIGRP, BGP, EGP, IGP and how they are utilized and the impacts the present in the WAN environment.
* Professional and Expert level industry certifications.
* A typical Sr. Lead Engineer would have one or more of the following Ciena - Expert and Professional base certifications and/or similar certifications fromothercommon Transport Equipment manufacturers:
* OC-A - Optical Carrier Network Associate
* OC-E - Optical Carrier Network Professional
* OC-P - Optical Carrier Network Professional
* CE-A - Carrier Ethernet Associate
* CE-P - Carrier Ethernet Professional
* CE-C - Carrier Ethernet Consultant
* 10+ year's previous experience as a Technician and/or Engineer an Transport Services Delivery environment preferred, with an emphasis on dedicated customer support.
* Remote troubleshooting and testing experiencerequired.
* Knowledge of troubleshootingcircuit degradation issues, including utilization, bandwidth and latency problems.