Senior/Lead Operations Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SENIOR/LEAD OPERATIONS ANALYST
JOB ID 20161817 DATE POSTED 09/13/2016 DescriptionJOB PURPOSE:
To ensure all standardized models produced by the Advanced Data & Analytics Team are maintained and run efficiently and correctly. Establish and implement a process to drive projects to an automated solution developed using modular and adaptable code.
OPERATIONS ANALYST OVERVIEW
The Operations Analyst is responsible for working with the different ADA teams to provide data driven solutions and analyses. He/she will need to able to query data from various relational and SQL databases; configure and run the models, tools and analyses in both corporate compute server and cloud computing environments; write scripts and code as needed to establish interfaces between any and all code modules, databases and input/output data structures. The incumbent is expected to have a broad based knowledge of Database Architecture, Data Engineering, and Programming / Software Development. Incumbents should be prepared to work in a highly multi-tasked environment with rapidly changing business priorities. Abilities to work cross functionally and in an Agile Team Setting are a must.
The Incumbent will be expected to:
* Have an understanding as to how models, tools and analyses work
* Setup, structure, clean and verify data necessary for the models, tools and analyses
* Evaluate results obtained to determine success/failure of the run
* Be able to troubleshoot/debug minor issues as needed
* Work with Advanced Computational Analytics and Advanced Data teams and be able to anticipate future operational requirements
* Develop and maintain standard operating procedures documentation and training
* Be able to understand the business requirements that are requested in a project and translate it into technical specs and deliver actionable output
* Be able to facilitate discussions based on varying levels of technical expertise of the audience
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Master s degree in a data intensive discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent) is strongly preferred, with a background in computer programming and/or a minimum of 3-5 years experience in advanced data processing is desired. Additional preference would be given to a candidate with a PhD degree in a quantitative discipline. Exceptional candidates considered with Bachelor s degree or Master s degree in progress.
* Expert within their field. Extensive and significant knowledge of one field of work or broad technical depth in multiple, related fields sufficient to lead programs or projects.
* Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation
* Proficient in relevant software. Ability to program in R, Python, SQL, etc. for modeling purposes.
* Knowledge of industry operations and practices, with the ability to discuss concepts and value propositions.
* Knowledge of National Grid s policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
:Cust & Market Analytics
:Cust & Market Analytics
:Sep 13, 2016, 3:28:09 PM