Senior Leader Continuous Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOUR OPPORTUNITY:
The SENIOR LEADER CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENt is responsible for driving Standardization, site alignment, and deploying Lean principles and Continuous Improvement concepts for all sites. This position will help grow revenue and profitability by improving quality and lead times that will win and retain customers and reduce cost by reducing non-value added activity or waste. This position is accountable for improvements in safety, quality, customer experience, delivery, inventory and productivity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Support the development of lean principles; continuous improvement, standard work, problem solving, value stream mapping, training and employee involvement.
* Lead, teach and coach employees at all levels on standardization, lean principles, and CI.
* Develop robust CI and Standardization program that accounts for existing sites, growth, and launch facilities.
* Responsible for cultivating a Lean culture, as well as education and implementation at all site locations.
* Establish consistency across all sites for core processes including layout, signage, process flows, and standards.
* Responsible for working collaboratively with site leadership on the development of and achievement of Lean Training and Kaizen events.
* Implement a repeatable process such as value stream mapping and/or a Lean scorecard
* Implement Lean Daily Management inclusive of a daily walk around meetings and SQDIP measures
* Ability to analyze large data sets and dig into details to assess trends along with areas of opportunity to have biggest impact to bottom line.
* Establish a Cost Savings Plan for the network along with roadmap for VCPU and Kaizen schedule. Develop validation program for any projected savings and ROI.
* Develop a Kaizen facilitator community, with appropriate capabilities in each site
* Implement a Continuous Improvement suggestion program that captures employee improvement ideas for implementation. Empower team members to PDCA.
* Contribute to the overall improvement of safety through implementation of 6S, CI ideas and Kaizen Events
* Assist with the recruitment, assessment and development of an operations team
* Help create a culture of customer focus - that is a quality that wins customers, lead times that win customers and a can do attitude towards customer requests.
* Lead and direct group of Industrial Engineers to drive consistency across the sites and meet continuous improvement goals/objectives.
* Ability to Think out of the Box and scale enough to align with current growth projections. Must be flexible, have dynamic and innovative mindset with strong emphasis on customer experience, safety and frugality.
* Establish cycle times and full process maps for all key functions within the FCs along with assessment of value added versus non-value added activity.
* Ability to travel frequently to different sites throughout US.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred (Technical, Business, Management)
* Must have significant Training in Lean Manufacturing or Lean Principles
* Master Black Belt/Six SigmaBlack BeltPreferred
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including experience in statistical analysis coupled with the ability to provide objective feedback and accurate root cause analysis
* Excellent project management skills and experience
* Minimum of 10-15 years' experience with Lean Manufacturing Implementation