Senior Lean Manager 9/7/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The Senior LEAN Manager uses Lean/Six Sigma and related methodologies to work with departments, teams, and individuals across the organization to facilitate performance improvement efforts. The LEAN Manager oversees the status and monitoring of operations improvement efforts, coordinates the improvement dashboard(s), and facilitates the training of individuals and teams throughout the organization utilizing the Alere Lean Enterprise tools and techniques.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drive the site effort to link customers with manufacturing and ultimately suppliers with supermarkets, kanban and other lean tools through the Alere Lean Enterprise (Safety, Quality, Efficiency & Delivery).
* Spearhead a cultural shift towards value-added creation and waste elimination.
* Create a permanent competitive advantage for the site as a center of Quality, Efficiency and Delivery.
* Deploy training and organize high-performance work teams in the facility
* Identify key individuals to support the lean enterprise in year two
* Functional KPO with the following venues
* 5S Program
* Policy Deployment Steering Committee
* Kaizen, TPM and 5S activity Schedule
* Planning and Review Session (2 per year)
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
BA or MS degree or equivalent in Industrial Engineering and/or a combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENTIAL BACKGROUND:
* 7-10 years experience deploying Lean in a manufacturing setting is required.
* Experience in developing the strategy and leading a successful lean enterprise transition(s) through full maturity with sustained results.
* Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing experience such as:
* Kaizen, 5S, Visual Factory, Standardized Work, Gemba, kanban
* Ability to persuade all levels of employees on the benefits of the QED initiatives.
* Analytical problem solving: Able to identify problems, apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data
* Knowledge of multiple technical manufacturing engineering disciplines.
* Typical computer applications include Solid Works, AutoCAD, MS Office,
* Experience tracking a complex network of ongoing activities and teams which includes being able to demonstrate, at any given time, the various activities ongoing, the status and timeline of each, and the anticipated impact (financial or other).
* Significant experience in change management techniques and demonstrated success influencing cultural change.