Senior Legal Editor, Antitrust 8/16/2016
Thomson Reuters, Practical Law
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Practical Law is looking for a Senior Legal Editor with extensive antitrust experience to:
* Develop and draft antitrust content providing practical guidance on substantive areas of the law and specific legal tasks, with a focus on antitrust litigation and counseling.
* Write, edit, and update resources, including practice guidance notes, checklists, and standard forms and policies, in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
* Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors providing resources on antitrust litigation and counseling issues.
* Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazines, Practical Law The Journal: Litigation and Practical Law The Journal: Transactions and Business.
* Stay informed of current developments and issues in antitrust to ensure timely updates of existing content and development of new content.
* Collaborate with other Antitrust editors on content planning and peer review.
* Organize and conduct webinars on antitrust topics and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
* Minimum of eight (8) years of antitrust experience in a governmental agency, law firm, or company.
* Very recent, significant experience with antitrust civil and criminal litigation, litigation strategy, advising clients on a range of domestic and international antitrust and competition issues, and counseling on management of antitrust risk in day-to-day commercial conduct.
* A solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with regard to antitrust and competition issues and compliance.
* Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
* A passion for writing and goodeditingskills, including:
* very close attention to detail;
* impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
* the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.