Senior Level Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor over 40 years, our client has been New York's premier business-to-business printer; specializing in print, design and media. Their clients range from start-ups to global fortune 100 companies and everything in-between.
With a staff of more than 200 professionals, 30, sq. feet of 24/7 Midtown production capacity, technological expertise, and a culture of customer attentiveness, they are uniquely positioned to satisfy the most demanding customers in the world and are proud of it.
We are currently experiencing explosive growth and are seeking a talented Senior Level Developer to join its in-house team and work closely with their technology and marketing departments. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience while working on a variety of both client facing and internal applications. Please note that this is a full time, in-house position based in Manhattan, NYC.
* BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience in Application, Database and Mobile Application development
* Understanding of the software development life-cycle - scoping, planning, design, implementation, deployment and maintenance.
* Cloud resource allocation and management (Web, Application, Database)
* Database design and implementation (MySQL or PostgreSQLpreferred)
* Application development with MVC framework experience (Example, PHP+Laravel)
* Client Side
* iOS and Androidexperience front end and back end implementation
* We are Open to Visual-Studio-xamarin / PhoneGap multi-platform development
* Experience in Client-Server communication
* Strong intuition for UX and customer behavior
* Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, and performance optimization
* Work from UI/UX requirements to build fully functional applications
* Experience with Git or a similar control system
* Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
* Able to handle multiple high priority projects and work under tight deadlines
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Self-motivated, quick learner, and detail-oriented
* Up-to-dateportfolio featuring exceptional examples of recent development work in Google Play and Apple iOS App store, preferably with server-side components. (Ideally with web front end as well)
* Contribute to the conceptualization and execution plan for
* Write clean, readable, and reusable code that is well-documented/commented
* Code mobile applications to achieve specific objectives
* Effectively manage designated projects from conception through execution
* Delegate coding responsibilities to team members and verify quality of work
This is a full time opportunity that offers benefits, training, and a great opportunity to join a 45+ year company and be a major contributor to its growth.