Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20141105-4463-MCR
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
As a Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer you will have an expert knowledge of the Linux OS and a passion for automating systems configuration, security hardening, new technology deployments, monitoring, metrics collection, and more. The position is highly technical and balanced between Infrastructure engineering roles such as systems engineering, configuration management and Infrastructure automation. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, results-driven and enthusiastic about delivering new and innovative technology solutions. The candidate will work primarily with AIR s Linux server environment which includes a High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster along with other components of AIR Worldwide s IT Infrastructure
* Provide 24/7 (on-call rotation) operational support for production servers and systems
* Be Collaborative with a wide variety of teams from Operations, Development and Research teams on delivering the right infrastructure, scale, performance, high availability and monitoring while doing so safely and without customer impact.
* Build, test, deploy and other kinds of operations tools in Bash, Python, Perl.
* Work on implementing configuration management solutions using Puppet and Chef.
* Evaluate current Infrastructure operating procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability.
* Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software.
* Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
* Enjoy and thrive in an agile, fast-moving environment.
* B.S. in Computer Science or work related equivalent.
* Expert-level knowledge of Linux OS, including provisioning techniques, hardening and performance tuning.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in an Infrastructure or System s Engineering Role.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
* Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS and IaaS
* Have a broad understanding of High Performance Computing.
* Possess a good understanding on networking and common protocols.
* Windows Experience Preferred.
Deep technical foundation in several of the following technologies:
* Linux: CentOS, Ubuntu ,RHEL
* Virtualization: VMWare, KVM
* Cloud computing: Openstack, AWS
* Configuration management: Puppet, Chef
* Provisioning: Kickstart, Cobbler, Foreman
* Build and packaging tools: Yum, RPM
* Continuous integration tools: Jenkins
* SCM tools: GIT
* Scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python
* Monitoring tools: Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, Cacti, Statsd, New Relic, Solar winds
* Network and protocols: Load Balancers, switches, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, cyber attacks, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.