Senior Loan Officer 8/10/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Senior Loan Officer III is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of complex Commercial Building and Business, SBA and Equipment loans in compliance with the Bank s lending policies and procedures. Assists in attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
The position of Senior Loan Officer III is responsible for developing business checking and deposit relationships with customers; promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate departments and affiliate companies for new services. The position is responsible for the efficient, effective management of the branch; directs the activities of branch staff, ensures that established policies and procedures are followed.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
* Contacting present customers to retain and expand existing bank relationships.
* Attends to the needs of existing and prospective customers including resolving issues, recommending services, etc.
* Extends credit to business and or individuals through a wide variety of commercial, installment and/or real estate programs.
* Accountable for developing and administering plans to meet budget goals and performance standards set by management.
* Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
* Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
* Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; approves loans within established lending limits or refers and recommends acceptance to the Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
* Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
* Ensures that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
* Ensures that certification or deletion of collateral is made by the appropriate personnel.
* Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit facilities.
* Approves loan payments, draws from lines of credit, and fund transfers within specified limits.
* Authorizes commitment, engagement, and action and decline letters.
* Consistently applies good decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
* Verifies funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
* Exercise executive and administrative control over functions of the office, including implementation of bank policy and explanation of bank programs, policies, and objectives.
* Assesses risk of all financial transactions executed by branch personnel.
* Ensures the staff is fully trained and knowledgeable in the Banks products and services.
* Ensures the branch meets all sales, and financial goals and, compliance guidelines.
* Oversees the flow of cash and financial instruments in accordance with company policy.
* Oversees the reporting of financial data as required by organization and government regulations.
* Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank s products and services.
* Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
* Represents the Bank in various, civic, community development, and CRA functions to further enhance the Bank s image and develop additional business.
* Bachelor s degree (BA) or equivalent from a four (4) year college or university and Minimum of six (6) years or more related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience should consist of:
* An in-depth background in commercial lending including: soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and closing of Commercial loans
* Financial Analysis, bank operations, compliance and supervisory skills.
* Advanced knowledge of Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank s products and services.
* Advanced experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
* Advanced knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
* Advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
* Knowledge of branch banking activities.
* Ability to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
* Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
* Intermediate knowledge of human resource and labor laws and policies.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 252-6257