Senior Loan Review - Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Horizon Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR LOAN REVIEW - DIRECTOR
The Horizon Group is searching for a Senior Loan Review Director for one of our international banking clients located in New York.
The Senior Loan Review Director will provide senior management with independent validation of the effectiveness of the bank's lending risk policies, procedures, models and tools. These include rating assignments, portfolio reporting, problem loan management and model validation.
* Setup Loan Review Team, including hiring additional experienced staff and creating policies, procedures and reporting in line with US regulatory requirements
* For the first 4-6 months after hire, the Director is expected to handle policy development in the scope of Credit & Trading Risk
* Determine if Branch policies, procedures and internal controls/reporting for loan portfolio management continue to meet Federal Reserve expectations and market best practices
* Align the bank's loan classifications to Federal Reserve guidelines by ensuring the bank's internal rating definitions align with regulatory standards
* Initiate and manage any corrective actions if or when internal policies, procedures, models or other control areas are deemed deficient
* Create annual loan review plan using a risk-based approach, e.g. problem loans, loans generating significant risk/revenue contribution, and sectors undergoing regulatory scrutiny
* Monitor and manage portfolio to anticipate potential trends which could drive increase in deteriorating or classified credits
* Demonstrate that portfolio risk costs (ALLL) are in line with the quality of the portfolio
* Propose improvements to procedures, tools etc. to improve portfolio monitoring effectiveness
* Collaborate with Front Office, Risk Departments, Internal Audit and other stakeholders to strengthen overall credit risk culture within the Branch
* Identify ongoing training requirements to enable team to maintain specialized skillset
* 10 Years + Experience in Loan Review Function or similar role, including strong fundamental credit analysis background
* Recent Federal Reserve Examiner experience a strong plus
* Strong knowledge of US banking regulations and demonstrated ability to quickly translate regulatory changes into deliverables
* Experience in managing regulator interaction, including coordinating meetings, leading presentations and responding to information requests
* Proven forward thinking capabilities and thought leadership to advance the team's goals and foster collaboration across a wide variety of stakeholders
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to intellectually challenge and be challenged with management and teams across the organization
* Self-confidence but a strong sense of commitment to fostering a positive team atmosphere