Senior Logistics Specialist 8/28/2016
GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Senior Logistics Specialist Carlsbad, CA
At GenMark, we re changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
GenMark is a leading provider of automated, multiplex molecular diagnostic testing systems. Utilizing GenMark's proprietary eSensor detection technology, GenMark's XT-8 and ePlex sample-to-answer systems are designed to support a broad range of molecular diagnostic tests with a compact, easy-to-use workstation and self-contained, disposable test cartridges.
GenMark is not just a job it s a way of life. We also provide opportunities to volunteer in the community, participate in sports leagues, and enjoy company social events.
This exciting new role will be at the forefront of executing GenMark s global product release. The Senior Logistics Specialist will be responsible for tactical management and strategic planning recommendations for transportation, distribution and carrier functions. You will be a member of a rapidly growing supply chain team that is serving business needs across GenMark Diagnostics. In this role you will work directly with GenMark s 3PL partners and carriers alongside an internal team of experienced Warehouse/Planning/Procurement professionals at our HQ s in San Diego. The Senior Logistics Specialist will have an opportunity to develop a function that is critical to GenMark s future success in global markets and meeting company growth objectives. This pivotal role will conduct 3PL management, carrier selection and negotiation, domestic and international shipping policy creation, business process integration and fulfilment of product order and movement requirements. Our new team member will take point on various tasks including import and export requirements, logistics training, GDP compliance and safe work practices while having the opportunity to transform GenMark s logistics strategy through process development and initiatives aimed at enhancing internal and external customer satisfaction.
Come lead the team that will serve new customers weekly as GenMark launches its groundbreaking ePlex molecular diagnostics system. 2016 is slated to be one of our Company s biggest years for growth. Be a part of a dynamic business opportunity to challenge yourself and grow in your career!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage domestic and international 3PL and Distributor activities
* Collaborate with Quality dept. to audit 3PL organizations and Distributors to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost compliance
* Establish ERP system parameters to accurately reflect product and packaging configurations
* Manage carrier and 3PL RFPs and negotiate terms to optimize on-time delivery, total value, shipping costs and internal and external warehousing costs
* Review and update incoterms, tariff codes, etc. to ensure adherence to business requirements and shipping and customs regulations
* Monitor all shipments to/from GenMark and work with carriers, freight forwarders and customs brokers to resolve and prevent import and export delays
* Collaborate with Customer service, Planning, Shipping, Procurement and third parties to develop process maps that drive efficacy, cost reduction and service level improvement for materials shipping to and from GenMark, suppliers and customers
* Monitor and ensure compliance with DOT and IATA regulations applicable to GenMark
* Assist in the training of new and existing shipping and receiving personnel to applicable DOT and IATA guidelines
* Evaluate and optimize transportation packaging configurations for finished goods
* Identify, define and execute KPIs and process improvement initiatives that drive safety, quality, delivery and cost enhancements
* Develop reports to effectively communicate logistics performance and conduct financial evaluations of logistics conditions
* Establish procedures and policies to efficiently direct inbound, outbound and reverse logistics operations
* Willing to travel 15-25%
Key Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field
* Five to seven (5-7) years of relevant domestic and international logistics experience
* Deep working knowledge of domestic and international shipping regulations
* Strong working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems, inventory control methods and procedures, and freight manifest systems
* Experience managing carrier RFPs and rate negotiation
* Hands-on experience shipping products via domestic and international freight carriers
* Knowledge of, or previous experience in, a regulated environment (FDA, GMP, SOX) is highly desirable
* Experience with ERP systems (preferably QAD)
* Experience with lean tools, 5S and continuous improvement methodologies a plus
* Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual
* Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide financial and operational needs to GenMark s business
* Effective analytical problem solving, judgment and decision making skills are required
* Ability to read, write and analyze complex documents
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively with management, peers and individuals
* Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
GenMark Dx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In the U.S., GenMark Diagnostics participates in E-VeriFy.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.