Senior MTS, Test System Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMinimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Experienced (5+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
The Test Engineer will lead test development and oversee HW/SW development and release of products to production for PMIC/Mix Signal products. The Test Engineer has to ensure the implementation of procedures/requirements necessary to meet high quality in production test and test development, internal guidelines, rules and standards to achieve best practice processes (e.g. standardization of interfaces). Must identify, implement and manage strategic projects for continuous improvement of cost, cycle time and quality. Transfer products to production, both internal and external, for testing high volume applications. Resolve all technical issues related to Test Engineering and work with others solve inter related development and support issues.
Position requires a high level of attention to detail on quality, reliability and execution. He/she needs to be able to determine correct test platform to ensure product meets requirements. Also need to work with planning organizations to ensure we have adequate test capacity based upon forecasts which may include qualification and management of external vendors. Solutions will require developing/maintaining budgets and working with upper management to obtain approval. Must be able to work seamlessly with other team members including design, quality, marketing, product engineering, external test facilities, equipment suppliers, test operators, production planning and the customer.
* Develop test programs on automated test equipment (ATE) to validate, characterize, and production-test mixed-signal semiconductor devices, like PMICs, ADCs, DACs, and Battery management products.
* Design PCBs to interface ATE resources with the devices under test (DUT) and develop PCB circuitry to augment ATE capabilities.
* Create test plans and work with design engineers to integrate design for test (DFT) features into new designs.
* Help develop Maxim library tools of mixed-signal test techniques.
* Mentor less experienced engineers, review their work to ensure quality is being met, and make suggestions for improvements.
* Work with off-shore production engineers to ensure high quality and yield standards are being maintained.
* Must possess an in-depth knowledge of mixed-signal device theory and test methods.
* Minimum 5 years of experience developing ATE test solutions for mixed-signal semiconductor ICs.
* Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to work in a global multi-functional team environment.
* MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Highly Desired Skills:
* Knowledge of Teradyne Flex/uFlex/J750, Eagle ETS88 and EST 380 ATE platforms.
Percentage of Travel
0% - 10%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer