Senior Maintenance Engineer - Mills
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 8/9/2017
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 140 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and container board, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 13,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
Our Mill in Riverville, Virginia was started in 1975 as Virginia Fibre.
* Strong re-investment strategy
* 1 of 15 semi-chemical medium mills in North America
* Approximately 300 employees - average tenure 17 years
* Incentive-based workforce
* 2 paper machines
* 260\\", 182\\" fourdriniers
* Aual capacity of approximately 500,000 tons
As a Senior Maintenance Engineer - Mills, you will be responsible to provide technical assistance in troubleshooting and shutdown work plaing activities. Improve and maintain integrity of the facilities, equipment, process and the preventative maintenance program. Implement design and design changes to new and existing equipment and facilities as part of the continuous improvement process. Support Maintenance Manager and achievement of department goals.
* Plan, prepare and execute maintenance activities during mill/department changes.
* Oversee contractors work, including painting, insulating, fire protection, roof repairs, railroads, etc.
* Provided technical assistance to maintenance and production Maintain,expand and improve the preventative maintenance program.
* Provide design changes in materials, equipment and processes to enhance proper operation and continuous improvement.
* Ensure that all repairs and operations are in compliance with regulatory and governing agencies with the highest regard for mill and persoel safety.
* Purchase special or unique repair parts, materials and services.
* Inspect buildings and facilities for possible defects and repairs and implement cost-effective Participate in action teams for capital projects with the engineering department for equipment selection, spare parts and preventative maintenance.
* Oversee repair or special projects as requested by Maintenance Manager.
* Assist with other duties as needed.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related field required.
* 3-5 years minimum.
* 5 plus years experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge, skills and experience in drafting, pneumatics, hydraulics, structural design, piping, process flow, thermodynamics, material selection, OSHA regulations, civil engineering, building construction, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran