Senior Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Operates mechanical tools and equipment as required to fabricate or repair industrial parts and equipment. Operates mobile equipment as required.
* Replace defective equipment parts then set specified clearances and adjust alignment of moving and stationary parts using hand and power tools.
* Weld, repair and fabricate equipment or machinery as necessary.
* Fabricate and dismantle parts, equipment, and machines using a cutting torch or other cutting equipment.
* Troubleshoot equipment, hydraulics, or other mechanical systems.
* Troubleshoots mechanical problems and performs root cause analysis in partnership with operations to solve problems and make improvements.
* Ensures operation of machinery and equipment by executing preventive maintenance requirements, interpreting technical drawings or diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer s instruction and engineering specifications.
* Documents work performed in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) in order to build equipment history by creating, retrieving and closing work orders. Reviews equipment repair history for PM/PD creation or changes to current practices.
* Red-line drawings when discrepancies are identified between a drawing and actual plant conditions.
* Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area by complying with documentation, procedural and applicable regulatory requirements (such as safety, environmental and housekeeping.)
* Attends and participates in required training; trains others in areas of proficiency or expertise.
* Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules, ensuring that all laws are obeyed and equal employment, safety and environmental protection are practiced.
* Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift or travel as needed. May involve off-shift call-in coverage when necessary.
* Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
* Communicates development and career goals to immediate supervisor and takes ownership of personal development plan.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* High School Diploma or GED required, Associate s or Bachelor s degree in a related industrial maintenance field preferred
* Completion of a journeyman program or industrial certification preferred
* Work Key Scores: Math 5, Reading 4, Locating Information 5
* Ten or more years of work experience as a Mechanical Technician or related experience in an industrial environment required
* Experience with interpretation of technical drawings and information, computerized maintenance management system required.
* Possesses basic mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities required
* Possesses advanced mechanical skills and abilities preferred
* Related experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred
* Familiar with electronic mail, basic Windows based software, and computerized maintenance management system
* Physical demands: The work requires physical exertion to include sitting; walking; standing; bending; climbing stairs and ladders, carrying/lifting of light and heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) Some work will be above ground using powered equipment less than 30ft. Work routinely requires speaking and hearing (expression or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words and perceiving sounds by ear) and ability to distinguish between colors on wiring.
* Work environment: The work environment requires normal safety precautions typical of industrial/manufacturing environments. Requires use of safe work practices with equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations. Manufacturing and warehousing areas are not climate controlled and environment includes work that requires special safety precautions such as working with irritant chemicals, around moving parts, carts or machines. Employee will be required to use protective clothing, safety shoes, boots, safety glasses or shields.
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.