Senior Manager, Account Management
Senior Manager, Account Management SMB Accounts
About the Position:
Everbridge is the market leader in providing SaaS-based enterprise applications to automate processes for information exchange to keep people safe and businesses running. In 2015, our platform delivered over 1 billion messages to 200+ countries, and we have leveraged the reliability and scalability of this platform to successfully introduce multiple new products and experience double digit growth five (5) consecutive years.
Due to the rapid growth, we are currently adding a Sr. Manager to our Account Management team. The chosen candidate will perform all necessary functions to effectively manage and lead a team of Account Managers who are responsible for the retention and growth of Everbridge s small and medium customers. As the team's manager, you will help to evolve the department's overall strategy to deliver sustainable high performance.
Success is measured reaching 93+% retention rates and the clients' overall revenue growth within the account base. The successful candidate will have demonstrated exceptional performance in sales, account management, and team management & leadership, preferably in a highly transactional SaaS environment that has successfully served an SMB client base.
About the Team:
Responsibilities of the team include the renewal of existing client contracts and incremental account revenue growth. The Everbridge Account Management team is an extremely collaborative, results driven, high performing sales team that is 100% responsible for the retention and growth of Everbridge s customer relationships.
* Staff, train and develop a team of SMB account managers with significant revenue targets in the form of client retention and account growth
* Design and execute a strategy to cross-sell and up-sell into the base
* Develop and implement a strategy to increase and sustain retention
* Implement retention and growth campaigns/ programs and training that continually improves the Account Managers ability to solution sell via the telephone and web and touch multiple clients in an effective and scalable way
* Cultivate an active and collaborative culture between direct reports and other teams within the business
* Identify and implement ways to improve our clients experience and increase loyalty
* Serve as the executive sponsor in key sales opportunities and aid Account Managers in proving the value of Everbridge solutions, negotiating contracts and closing transactions.
* Lead and participate in regular account and territory planning meetings with Account Managers in order to achieve territory revenue goals.
* Conduct weekly focus session to review sales reps pipeline/forecasts
* Continually monitor the sales activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly growth and retention quotas.
* Pro-actively communicate relevant information to senior leadership to help them understand risks and opportunities inclusive of providing accurate revenue forecasts to the business
* Consistently meet or exceed quota and non-quota based performance objectives.
* Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
* Maintain expertise on company's products/services and our competitors products/services.
* 3-5 years of proven success managing a Sales or Account Management team within a SaaS base environment driving retention and growth or new business month over month and 7+ years or equivalent sales experience within a software sales role.
* Proven success track of training, mentoring, and hiring top sales or account management professionals to ensure quota attainment and customer experience objectives.
* Education: Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field preferred.Strong hunting, prospecting, relationship building and retention skills.
* Experience implementing programs, campaigns, or processes intended to drive scalable outreach to large number of customers at once.Must have a verifiable history of meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
* Strong work ethic and proven ability to perform under pressure.Must be fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to identify and sell to multiple buyers within an organization
* Background or training in a consultative/Solution Sales environment
* Strong blueprinting, prospecting, and cold calling skills
* Ability to manage a high volume of opportunities
* Must be motivated, dedicated and a self-starter
* Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem solving skills
* Willingness to travel approximately 20-30%
* Experience using SalesForce a plus.
* Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Experience in the sales of telecommunication services, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery products, or related products highly desirable. Experience with Sandler Selling, SPIN Selling, or Solution Selling a plus.
About the company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help Keep people safe and Businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to Making a Difference, Everbridge was recently named a Best Place to Work by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.