Senior Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE BUILD CAREERS AS STRONG AS OUR PRODUCTS
PELICAN PRODUCTS IS NOT ONLY THE GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE OF ADVANCED LIGHTING SYSTEMS AND VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE CASES FOR PROTECTING VALUABLE EQUIPMENT---IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. WITH COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS, OUR TEAM ENJOYS A FAST-PACED, CREATIVE AND EXCITING ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS THEM TO FLOURISH AND BE THE BEST AT THEIR JOBS. WE CURRENTLY HAVE AN OPENING FOR A SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCIAL REPORTING & ACCOUNTING FOR OUR TORRANCE, CA FACILITY.
The Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting will oversee all aspects of consolidation and accounting process for the consolidated Company including internal and external reporting requirements. Additional responsibilities will include developing, implementing, and monitoring operating and accounting procedures, account reconciliation and preparation of financial statements, inventory control, annual report preparation, corporate accounting policies, technical GAAP research and external audit oversight.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, implement, and monitor operating and accounting procedures to ensure company policies affecting financial matters are observed and assets safeguarded.
* Drive the preparation of the company's external reporting requirements including; banking, census and audit reporting.
* Consolidate all of the company's 26 legal entities utilizing BPC consolidation software and prepare all BPC reports at each month- end.
* Ensure that Company financial reporting and policies are maintained in accordance with GAAP and the requirements of other applicable regulatory bodies.
* Assist in the preparation/review of internal monthly, quarterly and annual reporting information for senior management and the Board of Directors.
* Provide value-added financial reporting and analysis to support the Corporate Controller and other corporate and operational leaders and their staff to help them make sound financial and operational decisions, consistent with corporate objectives. This will include guidance on GAAP and other authoritative rules and regulations
* Actively and effectively manage the external audit relationship.
* Anticipate internal and external reporting changes and business requirements to ensure processes, organization and financial systems appropriately evolve to support the business. This includes staying current on accounting and reporting literature to evaluate and communicate its implications to Pelican Products.
* Design and recommend controls for reduction of costs.
* Perform General Accounting functions such as conducting variance analyses on general ledger and miscellaneous accounts and resolving discrepancies, monthly account reconciliation and preparation of detailed supporting documentation, local and provincial tax filings, financial and fixed asset schedules, assisting with monthly closing, reconciling inventory and assist with cycle counting and physical inventories and preparation of financial statements and annual budget.
* Actively manage, mentor and train direct reports while driving innovative processes that create efficiencies.
* Perform additional duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
* Actively supports Pelican's commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance and 6-9 or more years of experience in general and intercompany accounting, corporate finance or accounting and "Big Four" experience.
* CPA required.
* Must have expertise with respect to GAAP, accounting principles, concepts and practices.
4. Must have excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills.
* Must have excellent analytical, math and organizational skills.
6. Specific experience dealing with accounting functions in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
* Experience with an SAP ERP environment a plus.
8. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
10. Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified.
* Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..