Senior Manager Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Sugar land, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Responsible for closing the sites financial books on a monthly basis insuring that the books, including the P&L and Balance Sheet, accurately reflect the financial state of the site in accordance with Mylan Global Policies, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley. Includes analysis and presentations to Site and Corporate Senior Management on monthly performance versus budget and forecasts.
* Responsible for the compiling and analyzing the monthly forecasts, annual budget and strategic plans related to the site. Includes analysis and development of presentations for Site and Corporate Senior Management the clearly articulate the financial projections and variances of the site financials (i.e. tell the story) and highlight key financial risks and opportunities.
* Utilize best practices to establish cost standards (including direct materials, direct labor and site overheads) related to all products manufactured at the site. Measure and understand variances to cost standards and explain such variances to Site and Corporate management. Work with Site management to minimize unfavorable variances and maximize favorable variances.
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all balances carried in the sites balance sheet with particular emphasis placed on inventory. Ensure that balances are accurate and that all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis. Ensure that inventory is properly stated in accordance with Mylan Global Policies, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
* Mange the sites capital expenditures, including the budgeting, forecasting and reporting of actual capital expenditures. Prepare and/or analyze capital project requests, ensuring that the projects are performed at the lowest cost with the highest economic return to the Company. Ensure that spending is accurately captured in the general ledger and that all capital projects are closed and recorded in accordance with Mylan Global Policies and GAAP.
* Responsible for managing site Finance employees, including the supervision, training and development of such employees.
* Engage and collaborate with site Management on a frequent basis to understand the operations, review financial performance and to educate on financial concepts.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the qualifications for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with at least 8 years of total experience and 2 years of supervisory experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess a strong knowledge of a general accounting principles, cost accounting (esp. standard costing) variance analysis and analytical analysis concepts. Knowledge of and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
* Must possess strong supervisory, cost accounting and computer related skills. Robust experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Working knowledge of and experience with a Planning and ERP system is required, direct experience with Hyperion and SAP, including the implementation of SAP, is preferred.
* This position also requires excellent organization, planning, problem-solving, and follow-up skills as well as very strong oral and written communication skills. This position will interact with all levels of the organization, as well as external auditors and consultants. This position requires the ability to handle very confidential information.
WHY MYLAN? If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 20,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2016, 10:54:39 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.