Senior Manager Business Architecture & Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A SR. MANAGER, BUSINESS ARCHITECTURE & ANALYSIS
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Affinity business group in Hatboro, PA.
As a member of the Aon Affinity Delivery Management Office (DMO) team, the Senior Manager Business Architecture & Analysis plays a key role in structuring the organization in terms of its business processes, and business information. Leveraging strong process analysis and modeling skills to lead complex enterprise teams through business process integrations, converting business strategy into solutions and action oriented objectives. This role aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and technology initiatives.
The primary focus is the business process, operations, and analysis frameworks and their related networks that link these aspects of the organization together. The Senior Manager Business Architecture & Analysis works to develop an integrated view of the organization using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.is responsible for developing a comprehensive perspective of Affinity business unit solutions and processes, working with stakeholders to elicit, validate, prioritize and document business and functional requirement.
This individual will work closely with the Project Managers, Technical teams, Quality Assurance, support teams and Senior/Executive Management to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
* Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations and apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the organization.
* Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
* Define the set of strategic, core and support capabilities that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, systems and data that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
* Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support business strategy. Apply and utilize business modeling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
* Develop business architecture artifacts including current state diagrams, future state diagrams, roadmaps, enterprise business architecture, and metadata. Review and assess work for coordination, completeness and integration with broader architecture vision.
* Present ideas, solicit input, negotiate compromise, influence decisions, and garner support of senior level executives and/or initiative stakeholders in terms and manners that will be well received and provide desired results.
* Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
* Leads moderate to complex initiatives. Organizes, conducts and facilitates cross-functional team meetings.
* Business Analysis & Process:
* Manage the team as well as lead the development of business requirements and processes.
* Organize and manage the business and process analyst teams efficiently and cost effectively.
* Ensure that team members create and maintain business processes, requirements, and functional specification documentation.
* Ensure that team members manage and deliver projects and work products of the highest quality.
* Manage and assist the team as they define business rules and requirements on top strategic technology projects.
* Lend subject matter expertise to project teams and working groups. Assist the delivery program manager(s) with the execution of new regulatory programs and strategic initiatives
* Accountable to the DMO and business unit leaders for business requirement and/or analysis integration on project or program implementations.
* Proactively work to reduce administrative work and improve efficiency.
* Ensure that documentation is collected, categorized and available to the team for reuse as appropriate in different projects
* Works with business leaders and acts as a liaison between Business Units across AON Affinity enterprise and Information Technology (IT) as well as other key business partners.
* Regularly communicate with business units to ensure that they are satisfied with the support they are receiving from the business analysts.
* BACHELOR S DEGREE
* 12+ OR MORE YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING RELEVANT BUSINESS AND IT EXPERIENCE
* 8+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS ANALYSIS OR BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT ROLES
* 3+ YEARS FUNCTIONING AS AN ENTERPRISE OR BUSINESS ARCHITECT
* 3+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LEADING AND MANAGING TEAMS (WITH EXECUTIVE LEVEL EXPOSURE)
* SIX SIGMA/LEAN EXPERIENCE
* EXPERIENCE WITH SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DELIVERY METHODS (WATERFALL, ITERATIVE, AGILE, ETC.) AND TOOLS PREFERRED
* EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE PLANNING AND DEPLOYING BOTH BUSINESS AND IT INITIATIVES
* EXPERIENCE MODELING BUSINESS PROCESSES USING A VARIETY OF TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
* A BROAD, ENTERPRISE-WIDE VIEW OF THE BUSINESS AND VARYING DEGREES OF APPRECIATION FOR STRATEGY, PROCESSES AND CAPABILITIES, ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES, AND GOVERNANCE
* THE ABILITY TO RECOGNIZE STRUCTURAL ISSUES WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION, FUNCTIONAL INTERDEPENDENCIES AND CROSS-SILO REDUNDANCIES
* THE ABILITY TO ASSIMILATE AND CORRELATE DISCONNECTED DOCUMENTATION AND DRAWINGS, AND ARTICULATE THEIR COLLEctive relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 66,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise.
Aon has been named repeatedly as the world s best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit aon.com for more information on Aon and aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon s global partnership with Manchester United.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks