Senior Manager, Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York Road Runners
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY INFO AND DEPARTMENT:
At NYRR we help and inspire people through running. Athletes from novice to elite travel from all over the world to prove to themselves that they can push beyond their comfort zones and arrive at our finish line a stronger, better person. We attract over 60,000 members nationwide and are a world-class endurance sporting events organization.
Our commitment to our sport doesn't stop with our races our heart lies in our community services. We provide free running programs to children, seniors and families of all athletic abilities, fostering physical fitness, character development, and personal achievement. The sense of empowerment and accomplishment our runners get from completing our races is something we believe anyone should have the opportunity to experience.
Once just a small group of passionate runners, our commitment has driven us to aggressive growth and led to partnerships with some of the largest consumer brands and most prestigious institutions. Our growth is largely attributed to the strategy we employ in working with our partners. Our Business Development and Strategic Partnership team is a powerful group of professionals driven by teamwork, innovation, excellence, passion, and service.
In a continuum of strategic growth, we're looking to bring on a strong business development professional who will align themselves with our values and be a powerful addition to a great team.
If you feel you are ready to exhibit powerful leadership on a team where success is rewarded and have a desire to contribute to the enrichment of communities, we'd love to hear from you.
* Take the lead to identify, evaluate and negotiate strategic partnerships that drive revenue for the organziationa and align with organization's objectives
* Work closely with Business Solutions team to target key open categories and corresponding companies that may have commercial interest in NYRR to accomplish its advertising and marketing goals
* Development of a robust sales pipeline
* Outreach to sales prospects and key contacts within identified categories and companies
* Pursuit of prospects through initial contact as well as strategy behind, development of and delivery of sales presentations
* Negotiation of and execution of contracts
* Establishment of and building of relationships at prospects and sports agencies alike
* Drafting of presentations, deal memos, status reports, etc. as well as tracking of sales prospects and updates
* Responsibility for meeting aggressive value targets within New York Road Runners
* Value to include revenue generation, value in kind, budget relief in kind and buys with existing media partners
* Maintenance of strong relationships with all NYRR internal departments across multiple business line, to drive strategic, operational and event planning activities
* Recruit and mentor other business development team members
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* 8+ years' experience in a strategic business development, sales or account management role with extensive and transferrable business contacts
* Effective in identification of prospects and outreach to them
* Excellent writing skills, Word and Powerpoint skills
* Experience developing thoughtful, customized, corporate presentations
* Solid presentation skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
* Energy and enthusiasm for NYRR's mission and growth initiatives
* Ability to work as a team player
* Flexibility and ability to simultaneously work on a number of projects
* Ability to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as needed