Senior Manager, Category Leadership, Walmart/Sams s
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager, Category Leadership, Walmart/Sams s is able to:
* Provide executable customer selling strategies and unique consumer insights that help differentiate our products in the categories in which we compete
* Lead development of new item launch/line review presentations, joint business planning, and day to day analytics, especially as it relates to shelving, merchandising, assortment, and retail pricing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Develop and present strategic category management insights and mutual growth strategies that meet retailer objectives, while supporting the selling initiatives, growth and share objectives of Pinnacle Foods.
* Identify measure and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Present and share strategic insights with Walmart and internal selling organization.
* Utilize Spectra, IRI, Nielsen, RichMix, CSIA and other consumer centric data tools to build customized selling stories, new item presentations, and store of the community opportunities for our brands both on an everyday and seasonal basis.
* Lead efforts to provide post promotional analysis for events to include selling highlights, opportunities, price point effectiveness and recommendations for improvement going forward.
* Collaborate with Walmart Sales Team, Trade Marketing, and Integrated Planning teams to share best practices, and elevate our customer relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 4-8 years professional category management leadership experience within CPG industry, preferably in food manufacturing.
* Adaptable to changing circumstances
* Strategic thinker, able to articulate vision clearly and effectively.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
* Comfortable presenting ideas and concepts to groups of varying levels within the organization.
* Ability to contribute, influence and work effectively in a cross-functional matrix environment
* Entrepreneurial spirit independent thinker, decisive, nimble.
* Technical skills: highly skilled in Excel and Power Point. Database knowledge is a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of Syndicated data and customer POS sources (Retail Link, Dunnhumby Spectra and IRI data, Nielsen, CSIA)
* Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
* Bachelor s Degree, MBA is a plus but not
* Manages category manager(s) supporting sales.
* 5% Travel
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.