Senior Manager, Clinical Operations Learning & Education 8/10/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and
helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of
people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Clinical Operations Learning & Education (L&E) is responsible for designing, developing, and executing training and continuing education programs for Clinical Operations as well as broader Development Operations audiences. These activities include new hire onboarding, training curricula management, business systems training support and GCP related process/activity-based training. In partnership with Clinical Research, Medical Affairs and Development Operations functions, L&E ensures that all Clinical Operations associates have knowledge to perform their job functions in accordance with all applicable SOPs, company policies and regulatory guidelines to provide timely delivery of high quality clinical data to support global registration and commercialization of Gilead s products.
Meet the team: http://clinicaloperations-careers.gilead.com/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Preference to be given to candidates with Just-in-Time and Micro-Learning expertise.
* Provides leadership and organization and instructional design experience for the successful management of training programs.
* Contributes to the strategic vision of the learning and education department.
* Recruits, hires, mentors, and manages direct reports and support their professional development, including the development of new managers
* Initiates and participates in leading departmental or interdepartmental strategic initiatives.
* Conducts needs assessment to determine knowledge and behavioral changes needed to improve operational efficiencies and procedural compliance.
* Must possess a proven ability to effectively communicate instructional design and organizational concepts to stakeholders
* Responsible for oversight and strategic direction and implementation across a number of projects to ensure learning programs are developed to meet timelines and objectives through close partnership with parties involved both inside and outside of the company.
* Initiates continuous efforts in reviewing and identifying best practices among therapeutic areas and study teams and enforcing standardization from a learning perspective.
* Manages teams to ensure deployment of resources.
* Must meet all requirements for Manager, Learning and Education position and have demonstrated proficiency in all relevant areas.
* Manages external training vendors including budget management and timely delivery of content.
* Designs, develops, and executes training programs.
* Delivers training as needed.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills, and ability to lead multifunctional teams, ability to manage staff, and mentor junior staff is required.
* Demonstrated excellence in complex project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities is required.
* Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports.
* Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of clinical trials is required.
* Experience with presentations before executive staff.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 12+ years of experience and a BS or BA in a relevant scientific discipline (10+ with a MA)
* 8+ years of experience in training programs
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :