Senior Manager, Commercial Business Partner - Value Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Cox Automotive is hiring a Senior Manager, Commercial Business Partner. The Senior Manager, Commercial Business Partner Value Strategies reports to the Commercial Business Partner Director. The incumbent in this position will provide planning, analysis and decision support to the Value Strategies team. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with the Value Strategies team to track, measure, validate and report on team initiatives. In practice, this means proactively developing actionable insights and decision support via ad hoc analytics and ongoing performance monitoring by leveraging advanced modelling and analytical techniques. Success in the role is defined by the degree to which the leaders of Value Strategies consider their commercial business partner to be an integral part of their team, and the frequency and impact of proactive analysis.
* Prepare critical recurring and ad-hoc analysis:
* Investigate challenging data characteristics, complexity, quality and meaning
* Through visualization and summarizations, define performance and identifies trends, outliers and drivers
* Prepares complex data for analysis (e.g. cleansing, conditioning, transforming, missing fields and handling multivariable data)
* Analyzes data sets using complex analytics techniques such as machine learning, statistical analysis and simulation
* Applies algorithms to create descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models to achieve analysis and business goals
* Able to understand economic customer scoring models built using a statistical software package such as R, SAS or SPSS
* Co-create on going reporting and monitoring mechanisms
* Evaluate and validate correctness and appropriateness of critical value strategies models and techniques
* Assist with the identification of financial and operational KPIs to measure impact of Value Strategy team
* Partner with Business Intelligence to define dashboard requirements to measure and track Value Strategy team performance
* Works with Value Strategies team to construct statistically valid tests of pricing hypotheses, solution tests, and other initiatives
* Critical stakeholder in organizational quest to develop customer profitability and lifetime value models
* Able to validate price elasticity, willingness to pay, conjoint and price-volume trade-off models and techniques
* Own planning activities for Value Strategies
* Work with the Value Strategies team to develop annual budget and long range plan targets and initiatives
* Build models to assess the impact of strategic plans and initiatives
* Prepare monthly variance analysis on total revenue influenced and actual expenses incurred
* Coordinate quarterly forecasting updates to ensure all decisions and on-going activities are accurately reflected in financials
* Implement and monitor rigorous cost monitoring and controls to ensure high return on spend
* Outstanding analytical skills and a high degree of intellectual curiosity who can help connect dots
* Fluent in the Microsoft suite particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Expert excel skills required, including VBA scripting
* Knowledge of statistics and multivariable analytical techniques including multivariate regression and logistic regression
* Ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization
* Experience influencing change, developing strategies with impact and delivering results
* Energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong bias for action
* Strong communication skills and can present their views in a clear and compelling manner
* 3+ years experience working in pricing or marketing analytics
* 5+ years experience with statistical methods and analysis tools, including one statistical package such as R, SAS, or SPSS
* Bachelor s degree in finance, economics, math, engineering, computer science or equivalent
* Advanced degree with an analytic or quantitative focus
* Technology or professional services sector experience (preferred).
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time