Senior Manager, Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Senior Manager, Communications
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Communications to drive strategic internal and external communications and PR initiatives for our U.S. Investor Services business, which includes capabilities in Capital Markets, Agency Leasing and Property Management. The successful candidate will craft consistent messaging and orchestrate aligned communications that:
* Position JLL and raise awareness of expertise, capabilities and client work
* Nurture relationships with prospects and clients
* Contribute to lead generation and business results
* Promote and protect the JLL brand
A global leader in commercial real estate service services, JLL works with clients who own, occupy, develop or invest in real estate. The company is an industry leader in property management and facility management, with a portfolio of 4 billion square feet worldwide. In 2015, JLL completed over 35,000 transactions for landlords and tenants and $138 billion in transactions through its Capital Markets business. As an advisor and service provider, the company is active in every asset type from office, industrial and multifamily to retail, hotels and sports facilities. JLL has experienced strong growth in recent years, with $5 billion in revenue and 20 acquisitions in 2015.
To maintain JLL s reputation as a premium brand and thought leader in the industry, dedicated marketing and research teams partner with businesses at the local, national and global level.
* Develop both internal and external communication strategies for Investor Services business at the national and local level, advising senior business leaders in overall messaging and business narrative
* Direct executive communications to properly position members of leadership, align messaging, and coordinate communications and internal touch points
* Drive development and implementation of innovative PR strategies and tactics tied to integrated marketing plans
* Orchestrate strategic communications prompted by acquisitions, organization changes, shifts in strategy and new products and services
* Advise clients on PR strategies for their JLL-led transactions and assignments
* Develop deep understanding of commercial real estate industry and JLL s businesses, capabilities, clients and results
* Partner closely with the Directors of Marketing and Research and the executive leadership for Investor Services business
* Responsible for organizational design, budget, operations, training and development, and work flow for small team of PR professionals
* Select and manage PR firms and external contractors
* Guide content development, proactive media relations, conference participation, speaking opportunities, earned media, and securing of awards and recognition
* Perform reactive media relations, including crisis and reputation management
* Drive creation of content that marketing and sales can use across multiple channels to drive lead generation and conversion events
* Oversee measurement practices and communicate results to various constituents
* Ensure company vision, values, brand positioning and visual identity are reflected in all communication initiatives
With 10+ years overall experience, this individual will be a proven B2B communications leader and strategic thinker. Key competencies required for the position include:
* Significant experience with companies whose businesses involve the financial markets
* Deep, hands-on experience in both PR and internal communications, including messaging and issues/change management
* Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a team
* Experience working in heavily matrixed environments and leading by influence
* Expertise in influencing business strategies and aligning communications with commercial objectives
* Ability to adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges, industry shifts and economic changes
* Experience using research and industry insights and best practices to drive strategies and tactics
* Executive presence, with proven ability to advise and engage leadership-level stakeholders, with appropriate level of confidentiality when required
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and hands-on experience with a wide array of traditional and digital channels
* Current on trends in brand journalism, news gathering and distribution, new media and self-publishing channels
* Ability to work confidently and effectively with all levels of employees
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.