Senior Manager Consumer Email
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, Consumer Email
Accountable for managing the consumer email marketing program Including review and approval of statistical modeling to use for prospecting campaigns, working with our media agency to coordinate efforts on retargeting and acquisition. Accountable for all aspects of the customer life cycle .Creates and executes consumer email marketing programs for acquiring new prospects, converting prospects into customers, and driving repeat past guests. Champions analytics to support consumer marketing email programs, retargeting and audience building campaigns. Monitors campaign effectiveness through metrics and measurements. Owns and optimizes the $1.5M+ budget to drive year-over-year improvements to business results.
- Oversees, defines, develops, and maintain email marketing plans, schedules and budgets to ensure EM channel meets and exceeds aggressive web traffic, revenue and engagement goals.
- Partner with and lead cross-functional business teams including Revenue, eCommerce, Product Marketing and Creative to identify opportunities and provide email marketing solutions to achieve business goals.
- Lead 3rd party relationship with EM Agency/ESP including strategic planning sessions, day-to-day operations, delivery management, testing, reporting and optimizations. Detailed, hands-on management of email service provider and email campaign agency of record. Continually optimize and identify areas of opportunity for increased productivity, efficiency of spend, etc.
- Develops in-house EM Deployment capabilities.
- Manages creative process, content messaging, segmentation, and communication frequency.
- Implements brand segmentation strategy across email communications.
- Defines and implements ongoing merchandising optimizations, including close partnership with web teams to ensure cohesive user flows.
- Leads all re-marketing, reactivation, A/B/multivariate tests, and event-based campaigns.
- Consistently analyzes campaign results, provide optimization recommendations for improvement, and execute on said improvements, including monitoring of deliverability metrics and implementing tactics to maintain and grow user engagement.
- Acts as leader for lead-generation throughout digitalchannels. Consistently grow our database with healthy prospects. Optimize points of lead capture, as well as the data points needed for effective communication.
- Defines best practices, set measurable objectives, ensure tracking/reporting capabilities, evaluate and reporting campaign results, and create monthly and weekly EM reports. Monitor competitive activity and react to online trends and best practices. Manages a $1.5M+ Email Marketing Budget (Agency fees + EM deployment)
* 8+ year of experience in eCommerce/Internet related email marketingexperience.
* BS/BA in eCommerce, Marketing or equivalent.
* Extensive management experience of B2C email program(s) with associated email database in excess of 2mm, and annual distribution in excess of 100mm.
* Knowledge and experience in databasemarketing and consumer insights/data mining.
Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of direct reports.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills and fundamentals based on data-driven marketing tactics.
Experience working with top-tier Email Service Provider (ESP) platforms (i.e. ExactTarget, CheetahMail, Responsys, etc.).
Knowledge of email best practices including targeted lists, subject lines, messaging, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam legislation.
Proven ability to work within in cross-functional organization and manage complex production schedules.
Superior project management skills with an ability to interact, manage and motivate others to achieve high levels of productivity. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Self-motivated, analytical, organized, and detail-oriented. Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.