Senior Manager, Contracts Lifecycle Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We all share one big ambition. What s yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That s why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as a Senior Manager, Contracts Lifecycle Management based at our US Headquarters in suburban Atlanta, Georgia.
The Senior Manager, Contracts Lifecycle Management will drive the contracting process from initiation to execution including offer development, contract negotiations, implementation, and contract adherence.
* Develops standard and unique contract language to be included in offers (term sheets and/or LOI) and contracts and coordinates with Legal to ensure approval on language
* Conducts analysis and provides reporting on metrics such as offer to acceptance and acceptance to execution of contracts. Conducts analysis on lead team between Contracts, Managed Markets, Legal, and Reimbursement
* Manages the review, analysis, and communication to Managed Markets of contract opportunities and performance
* Involved in contract negotiations and discussions on contract language communicating implications across Medicaid, Commercial, and Part D Payors as well as Distribution Partners ensuring alignment of terms and conditions across Managed Markets, Legal, Contracting, Government Pricing, Reimbursement, Trade, and Brand Teams
* Leads project team helping business implement technology solutions in a cost effective way by determining requirements of a project and communicating them stakeholders
* Responsible for audit trail as part of Contract Lifecycle Management and review
* Has authority to approve simple language for offers, base agreements and amendments within UCBs approved position statements without individual review by Legal
* Researches and develops standard and innovative contract language across Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare channels to ensure UCB financial and compliance goals are met.
* Conducts regular audits with the Contracts and Reimbursement Team Business Analysts to ensure customer contract compliance. Conducts analysis between contract terms and conditions, formulary status, and rebate payments to determine contract compliance.
* Conducts analysis on key performance metrics across the contracting spectrum for reporting to Senior Leadership and resulting in continuous improvement in processes to shorten lead time
* Drafts language across all channels for offers, base agreements, and amendments to review with Legal which are both compliant and mutually beneficial between parties.
* Exhibits strong customer relationship management and negotiation skills while negotiating base agreements and amendments across multiple channels.
* Manages the enforcement of the Contracts and Pricing SOP through developing and reviewing standardized forms such as Executive Summaries, Financial Models, and Offer Request Forms, ensuring compliant and accurate reporting to Proposal Assessment Team (PAT) members weekly, ensuring offers fit within the Grant of Authority approved by the Executive Pricing Committee (and if not preparing for approval by the committee), and reporting weekly results of contracting activities.
* Provides weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of contract status, performance, and terms to appropriate business partners.
* Partners with Managed Markets field team to identify ideal contracting options and alternative contracting options.
* Identifies data elements required to ensure government regulatory compliance; and Validates system compliance with requirements;
* Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding the continuation/termination of existing contracts based on profitability and contract performance
* Tracks, develops, implements and reviews contracts in order to ensure contract terms, conditions and discounts comply with proposed business case, organizational and contractual guidelines, and Executive Pricing Committee policy and guidelines
* Consults with Legal to generate standard UCB terms and conditions and acceptable parameters for negotiation based on U.S. and Global policy
* Completes special projects and other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration (Marketing/Finance/Accounting preferred)
* 5+ Years of demonstrated success in contract negotiation and customer relationship management
* 3+ Years in bio-pharma/healthcare marketplace preferred
* Strong understanding of financial, return on investment and profitability analysis
* Strong communication skills - written and verbal
* Strong communication skills and good presentation skills
* Lead team discussions and present confidently to internal/external customers
* Understanding of commercial/government contract language and industry standards
* Ability to understand complex financial models and interpret financial analyses
* Ability to be diplomatic in discussions with both internal and external customers, as well as an ability to be persuasive to achieve desired results
* Ability to analyze contracts and determine compliance with terms, conditions and company guidelines
* Proven skills in effectively negotiating contract agreements with customers
* Proven skills in basic financial modeling as well as proficient use of all Microsoft Products
* Analytical skills with the ability to apply analysis to strategic evaluations of contracting decisions
* Must be able to identify potential problems, conduct analysis and use judgment to determine if problem exists
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system or the central nervous system.
With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a can-do attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran