Senior Manager - Corporate Governance and Securities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Florham Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Senior Manager - Corporate Governance and Securities performs a variety of duties within the Corporate Governance department including SEC reporting, supporting Board activities and managing the Shareholder Services function.
The job duties include but are not limited to:
* Assistance with review and preparation of Board and Committee materials, meeting preparation and drafting of minutes.
* Assistance with preparation of '34 Act filings, Section 16 filings, proxy statement and other SEC filings.
* Ensure compliance with SEC and NYSE requirements on governance matters and monitor regulatory activity and changes.
* Manage shareholder relations function, including relationship with transfer agent and individual shareholders, responding to individual shareholder inquiries related to their accounts, dividend payments etc., and maintaining shareholder services records.
* Planning of Annual Shareholders Meeting.
* Maintain the corporate governance page of the company's external website.
* Support procurement function with contract review and negotiations.
* General corporate matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
JD preferred; will also consider highly experienced candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative discipline
* Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a top-tier law firm working in Corporate Governance and/or Securities advising public companies
* Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a corporate secretary function in a public company
* Must have experience with Board meetings, shareholder meetings and shareholder interaction.
* Must have knowledge of Board and Committee functions and charter documents.
* Must have experience drafting SEC filings, including '34 Act and Section 16 filings and proxy statements.
* Knowledge of corporate governance trends, issues and emerging hot topics a plus.
* Familiarity with NYSE and other applicable stock exchange regulations strongly recommended.
* Possess sound and practical business judgment and decision making skills.
* Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management throughout the organization.
* Highly-organized and able to oversee multiple, complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.