Senior Manager Customer Support Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
New York, NY
The Customer Support Manager oversees the installation, implementation, maintenance and support of HDS solutions through a team of Customer Support Engineers. Responsibilities include:
* Develops and maintain relationships with customers
* Coordinated new installs/upgrades with Sales Account teams
* Gather necessary information to facilitate a positive experience for the customer
* Determines resources needed for each install/upgrade of product and/or implementation services
* Assigns staff to ensure the appropriate skills/knowledge are leveraged to support the customer
* Serves as an escalation point for a variety of customer service/support issues
* Identifies product/process issues and/or trends that need improvement
* Recommends and/or implements appropriate changes
* Oversees business transactions for the district and reviews quotes/contracts as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* BA/BS degree or combination of education and experience
* 7-10 years of management experience leading technical people
* Strong knowledge of the Storage industry, products and solutions
* An energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong customer service orientation; someone who commits himself/herself fully and who is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work; focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence
* Excellent people management skills. An individual who can lead and motivate people, and lead and develop synchronized and productive teams focused on clear goals and outcomes.
* Ability to successfully manage several simultaneous priorities and projects with deadlines and effectively manage workload prioritization.
* Trustworthy with high integrity. Someone who can be counted on to do the "right thing" for the people, the member community and the shareholders, balancing all constituencies without compromising integrity
* An accomplished team worker: Able to lead, develop and work as part of a team, gaining the commitment of team members for organizational change, generating enthusiasm around team goals, actively seeking input from others and reacting appropriately. Used to working as part of a leadership team in a global matrix environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, negotiation and change management skills.
* Effectively manages time and stress, and assists employees with same.
* Effectively work with all partners, peers and levels of management in the company; quickly learns the organization and how to maximize relationships.
* Analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability, critical thinking and judgment.
* Ability to collaborate with patience while driving against tight timelines.
* Ability to use financial/quantitative data.
* Demonstrated project planning and project management skills and proven success in managing large, cross-functional projects and resources.