Senior Manager - Dairy Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Borden Dairy Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Manager, Dairy Analytics will be responsible for overseeing dispatching/scheduling raw milk to appropriate Borden factories, manage the sales, purchase and transportation of bulk cream, milk powders, dry whey and condenses, and support the Vice President -Supply Chain with dairy analytics and KPI reporting development. This person will also be responsible for managing dispatching $1B raw milk supply and direct management of $100M bulk cream portfolio while maintaining the company's understanding of the dairy commodity market.
* Oversee raw milk and commodity dispatching function
* Manage farm milk dispatching to appropriate factories
* Manage the sales, purchases and transportation of all bulk cream
* Work with plant staff to maximize the value of dairy commodities by appropriately adjusting shipping and/or purchasing schedules to utilize available in-house storage with the goal to only ship full loads so to minimize transportation expenses
* Load/Negotiate spot sales and routine purchases of bulk cream, milk powders and condenses
* Minimize freight expenses by utilizing backhauls whenever possible
* Work with plant accountants to assure accurate records and timely payment of bulk cream sales
* Work with quality assurance team to ensure compliance with the company's quality standards for all dairy commodity purchases and sales
* Support Vice President of Milk Procurement in dairy analytics function including but not limited to providing long range forecasting of raw milk movement and bulk cream needs against market dynamics.
* Develop and roll-out Key Performance Indicators for Dairy Procurement to broader organization
* Align with business units and suppliers to ensure adherence to performance targets and escalate issues to VP of Dairy Procurement as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Finance
* 6+ years in commodity trading/business analytic experience preferred
* Excellent math (algebra) skills required
* Understanding of Federal Milk Marketing orders preferred
* Strong dairy commodity pricing experience preferred
* Strong track record of managing team and delivery of results
* Strong analytical skills preferred
* Previous experience leading and directing the work of others
* Must have ability to make quick decisions with confidence
* Must be ambitious, self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent organizational and follow through skills
* Strong interpersonal and phone skills
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)