This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Assist multi-state companies with state unclaimed property matters including audit defense, voluntary compliance, annual reporting, developing policies and procedures, and consulting
- Assist multi-state companies with unclaimed property audits which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, review document requests, review audit assessments, and representing the client at meetings
- Review unclaimed property compliance processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Assist KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of unclaimed property reserves
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding the jurisdictions unclaimed property compliance rules
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- Seven years of unclaimed property experience with audit defense, voluntary compliance, process reviews, and developing policies and procedures
- Five years of financial statement audit experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M., MST (Master's in Taxation) for non-CPA eligible candidates (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .