Senior Manager, Financial Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our New York City, Stamford or Short Hills Audit practice.
- Manage and supervise the execution of audit engagements of various Financial Services clients, including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants
- Review SEC filings and research technical accounting issues as well as understand and utilize KPMG's Audit Methodology
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis and new service development
- Assist with the career development of team members as well as work with other managers to help ensure the proper deployment of the audit staff
- Aid in the identification of business development as well as help expand the client base by identifying and growing current client portfolio
- Seven years of current and/or recent financial statement audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience in the Financial Services Sector
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university and licensed CPA in their home office state
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and provide exceptional service
- Advanced working knowledge of technical literature
- Ability and willingness to travel
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .