Senior Manager, Global IT Sourcing and Procurement
Lead the contract negotiation process and achieve best value (required quality and service levels at total cost in ownership/value) by: (1) lead the appropriate sourcing process for new and expiringcontracts, (2) define and execute the contract negotiation strategy and (3) lead the contract implementation and the identification of opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enhance the business partnerships. Ensure continuity and compliance with current supplier program objectives by identifying current and action plan for future state requirements per the Client's policies, benchmarking and market intelligence.
* Work closely with Stakeholders in the implementation of strategies with IT partners and in the prioritization of activities and projects related to IT.
* Lead global competitive RFx bids (RFI, RFP, RFQ), auction, single source processes.
* Ensure cGDP and cGMP and other regulatory requirements are met.
* Review supplier performance reports consistent with agreed requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery objectives.
* Provide and drive input on all aspects of the supplier cost reduction and procurement development programs.
* Leverage Sourcing Strategies, negotiate contracts, price/supply agreement, supplier managed inventory (consignment/VMI/Consolidation) and total cost agreements within dollar responsibility range and for presentation/signature at senior level.
* Develop and maintain industry analysis to identify size of industry, leading players, and specific industry characteristics.
* Conduct client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs.
* Develop and drive a comprehensive category strategy based on customer and industry analyses and developing contracts with new suppliers or renegotiating existing contracts.
* Identify current and applying best practice sourcing methods (including working knowledge and use of eSourcing tools) within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry.
* Expertise in leading, driving, managing supplier and contracts negotiation and extensive knowledge of category management practices and principles.
* Business Acumen (concepts and practices and applies them across all situations).
* Interpersonal Skills (effectively interacts with diverse cross section of people at all levels of the organization including executive leadership).
* Excellent organizational, project management, communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Leadership (guides and influences others toward the accomplishment of a goal).
* Good Analytical Skills (effectively supports decisions on factual data and analysis).
* Word processing (Microsoft Word) and data base/spreadsheet (Excel) software and Ariba (e-Sourcing, Contract Management and Spend Visibiltiy is essential.
* Able to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management at both procurement and business unit levels.
* High level of client focus and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
* Travel (up to 25%) will be required in support of Global projects.
* Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred) in business or technical field with five to eight years of diversified procurement and sourcing experience
* MBA desirable
* C.P.M. and A.P.P. desirable
* Ability to think strategically and globally
* Minimum of Five-Seven years of category experience in IT
* Excellent project management, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Financial acumen; high degree of ethics
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
* Minimum of seven to ten years overall business and/or purchasing experience.
* Successful global experience managing global projects or initiatives within IT
* Experience influencing and communicating with all stakeholder levels.
* Experience running project globally and remotely with minimum support staff.