Senior Manager, Global Pricing Strategy and Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
The Senior Manager of Global Sensor Pricing Strategy & Management is globally responsible for driving pricing strategy, data analytics, pricing process improvements / procedures, pricing capability development and providing pricing practice leadership across TE Connectivity s Sensor Solutions Business Unit.
This function reports directly to the Director of Operations Sensor Solutions Business Unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Drive the global development & implementation of pricing strategies and programs to maximize profitability across all customer bases
* Develop and implement process improvements within the four core operating areas of Pricing (Negotiation, Administration, Delivery, Measurement) to drive consistency and to support TE s Extraordinary Customer Experience pillar.
* Hire, train, lead and develop a global team of pricing leaders, managers and professionals
* Help facilitate the Sensor Solutions Business Units integration into the TE systems and culture
* Develop Book Price Structure and Win/Loss reporting process for Business Unit
* Manage the development of strategic commercial programs to optimize price and drive operating margin for business unit
* Drive Pricing Team productivity and improvement through automation of the pricing process and the development of new processes and procedures using Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
* Demonstrate thought leadership in developing and implementing new pricing based tools, analytics and systems for price performance measurement, contract management / tracking, margin improvement opportunity identification, market analysis and competitive analytics.
* Build cross functional and cross Business Unit relationships to gain alignment from peers, leaders and stakeholders in the implementation of strategic pricing methodology
* Interact regularly with Senior Executive Management and Business Unit Leaders through a formalized review process and Stakeholder Management process.
* Participate in Business Unit Reviews including QBR s from a Pricing perspective.
Key Performance Measurements:
* Achievement of Price Realization Targets
* Achievement of Revenue & Margin targets as a function of price actions and strategies
* Year over Year Price Realization or Margin $ Improvement from price actions and strategies
* Pricing Responsiveness & Cycle Time
* Reduction of Price and Margin Leakage
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role. The individual will be a critical thinker and leader able to provide disciplined practices necessary for success in a complex global environment within a matrix type organization. The ability to drive mindset change and improvements through influencing with proactive energy and data is critical.
* Executive presence .must possess confidence and assertiveness in actions & ideas
* Commercial acumen
* Critical and strategic thinker who can manage the details
* Demonstrated ability to drive and influence change within global and cross functional teams
* Achievement oriented with a positive can do attitude toward learning coupled with a strong desire to do so at an accelerated pace
* Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong cohesive team
* Intellectually curious with a strong problem-solving mindset and orientation
* Exceptional organization skill. Ability to prioritize initiatives and actions from a global perspective
* Ability to collaborate with multiple functions and strong ability to build relationships and credibility quickly across functions and levels within the business units
* Clear and concise thinker
* Diplomatic yet assertive with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up with others
* High level of tenacity and perseverance coupled with a strong sense of interpersonal awareness will be essential able to react to and solve complex issues quickly with composure and professionalism
* Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting pricing concepts and data in a simplified manner. Ability to manage up and down an organization. Comfortable around top senior management with confidence to present to and interact with top management
* Successful track record in leading teams
Key Qualifications, Experiences and Knowledge:
Ideally the successful candidate will have multi-functional experience in the electronics sector and will understand the markets in which TE Sensor Solutions are involved.
* Minimum Bachelor s degree; Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics
* 10 Years of applicable experience
* Strong communication skills at the Executive level
* Experience in Project Management
* Experience in developing and managing life cycle pricing strategies and segmentation strategies
* Able to work with global cross-functional team efforts
* Strong PC abilities; expert Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications is required