Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Real Assests
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONRECRUITER: Amy Hillard
Senior Manager, Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group (FMG) provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie.
The group is focused on three key outcomes:
* Managing the Macquarie balance sheet and profit & loss optimally and strategically;
* Adding value to Macquarie's senior management and its businesses by providing advice and analysis that is strategic, timely, accurate and comprehensive; and
* Ensuring Macquarie continues to meet the obligations within its regulatory and compliance framework.
* With over 1,500 staff located in 27 locations, FMG comprises the following divisions:
* Finance Division
* Group Treasury Division
* Taxation Division
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
The position is a Senior Management (VP) finance/accounting role supporting a publicly listed fund within the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Asset business division.
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager with growing portfolios in real estate, agriculture and energy. It has been investing in and managing infrastructure for more than 20 years.
Today, with dedicated regional teams of operational and financial experts, our focus remains on the enduring success of our portfolio companies and the communities they serve. It's our long-term approach to building sustainable value throughout the investment cycle.
MIRA manages $US105 billion (as of March 31, 2016) of assets via approximately 50 public and private funds, co-investments, partnerships and separately managed accounts. We are organized into European/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Americas, South Asia/Australia and North Asian teams who manage regionally focused funds.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager (VP) to join our publicly listed fund, with a market capital of $6.5 billion, in New York as part of the MIRA Finance team. The Finance team supports all of the required finance, accounting and reporting functions for the publicly listed fund that is traded on the NYSE. This function also supports the Fund level activities, SEC reporting requirements, business activities of each of the portfolio companies, financial control, investor requests/queries, and oversees the accounting function of the portfolio businesses, as well as some reporting requirements to Macquarie Group.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records, including monthly transaction processing, reconciliations and the establishment of accounting processes and policies;
* Maintain accounting records for consolidation including preparation and review of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, supporting schedules, footnotes, MD&A tables and detailed analysis as requested;
* Manage accounts payable and fund level cash payments, posting, reconciliation and budget tracking;
* Take ownership of the statutory reporting including quarterly MD&A, US GAAP and XBRL financial statements and footnotes;
* Ad hoc analysis/request and management metrics preparation;
* Assist finance managers on new transactions including acquisitions, technical accounting research, on-boarding of new portfolio companies, due diligence of potential equity/debt raising;
* Work collaboratively with various counterparties and manage responses to queries from Delhi support team, asset managers, portfolio asset companies, internal MIRA functions (tax, investor relations, legal, etc.), external service providers and Macquarie central management reporting requests; and
* Ensure timely delivery of work and providing regular update to managers.
* Review risky and technical journal entries for sizeable or time sensitive business transactions;
* Review consolidating and stand-alone financial statements;
* Review base fee and performance fee calculation on a timely manner;
* Oversee and manage Delhi support team, answer queries and provide necessary coordination;
* Coordinate with portfolio asset companies on month-end closing and ad hoc issues;
* Review and coordinate on central data requests;
* Take ownership of MD&A and financial statements in 10Q/10K;
* Review XBRL for SEC reporting;
* Review footnote disclosures in 10Q/10K and supporting documents;
* Review/prepare regular and ad hoc management metrics and analysis;
* Coordinate with external tax, SOX/COSO, audit and transfer agent service provides on open items;
* Coordinate with other internal functions in MIRA including tax, legal and investor relations teams on tax provision posting, related party transactions, press release and other tasks;
* Assist asset managers and finance managers on new acquisitions, disposals, flow of funds, future equity/debt raising etc;
* Coordinate with new portfolio asset companies' accounting team on on-boarding process, including mapping issues for consolidation purpose;
* Update budget tracking file and perform necessary analysis;
* Research technical accounting issues and prepare write-ups.
* BS degree in accounting required;
* CPA qualification required;
* Minimum 2 years of audit experience in a top-tier accounting firm required, public reporting experience preferred;
* SEC reporting, including XBRL, knowledge experience strongly preferred;
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP;
* Ability to implement, manage and have knowledge and experience around SOX and COSO;
* High level of energy, commitment and flexibility;
* Strong attention to detail;
* Ability to take ownership from beginning to end of a process;
* Ability to prioritise tasks and maintain calm under pressure;
* Team player with communication and influencing skills who can also work independently;
* Ability to handle on-going changes in business;
* Ability to proactively re-assess / re-engineer work processes as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 26 Aug 2016 Eastern Daylight Time