Manager/Senior Manager, Sales Analytics & Operations (DS&G) Data Acquisition & Data Governance 8/31/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the Head of Data Strategy & Governance. The position oversees the ongoing process of managing and improving our commercial data strategy, related governance and related business technologies. This role is responsible for data acquisition evaluation, quality, integrity and governance. Data vendor management/data procurement, MDM system management and Data Warehouse management are the key focus through implementation of a sound data strategy where they achieve data excellence and efficiency and establish data as a strategic asset; they will be a trusted advisor to the commercial organization.
Core job responsibilities include:
* Manages procurement, integration and management of customer data, vendor data, syndicated data, SP data, etc., contracts and relationships w vendors/suppliers
* Introduce to the broader commercial organization new data assets relevant to current business priorities and to enhance Analytics capabilities
* Set-up data governance framework to help with efficient business operations for various IT/Data management systems like MDM, Data Ingestion & Quality Management, Data Integration, Data Sharing, Data Purchase etc.
* Partners with IT, Analytics and other Commercial Operations stakeholders on building key Commercial systems and processes such as Commercial Data Warehouse
* Responsible for the MDM (Master Data Management) systems, including operations, identifying areas for continuous business process improvements, governance and creating a roadmap that best meets the needs of the Commercial team.
* Coordinate with key commercial stakeholders like Marketing Operations, Business Conduct, BOCC, Sales Operations (CRM) etc. for MDM data integration with multiple downstream systems
* Ownership of business processes as it relates to HCP and HCO management within CRM and CRM/MDM integration
* Explore new technologies to innovate and help other team members in areas of data investigations, data conflicts, manual data steward queue etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to drive large and complex cross functional projects.
* Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal customers; highly collaborative
* Demonstrated excellence in strategic and tactical analysis and proactive planning.
* Ability to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
* Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical and qualitative information to non-technical executives through interpersonal, verbal, and written channels.
* Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical data (specialty data, RX & DDD, etc) and systems (CRM, Customer Master, Data Warehouse, Sample systems, etc.)
* Understanding/awareness of the Pharmaceutical business model (Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing Analytics, Medical Affairs, Contracting etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus 7-10+ years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Or Masters, MBA plus 4-8+ years relevant experience.
* Previous Sales Operations/Data Strategy and/or Business Technology experience preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :