Associate Director Sales Force Effectiveness
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform and Support Sales Force Effectiveness Studies, recommend changes to increase Commercial Team s effectiveness, assist implementation of changes and track progress
* Diagnose the effectiveness of field organization- strengths to be standardized or leveraged across the organization, and gaps to be overcome through prioritized action planning to tune performance
* Monitor Sales performance indicators, recommend changes or enhancements when required to achieve productivity goals
* Understand levers to obtain increased Sales Force Effectiveness through strategy, structure, engagement, people, skills and motivation.
* Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design processes and organizational structures that maximize customer value and performance
* Benchmark and compare Gilead Sales Force Effectiveness with competitor companies on productivity parameters, customer service, and overall performance
* Partner with CL&D, HR, IC and Analytics in identifying and fulfilling gaps in skill, motivation or resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Ability to analyze critically and objectively to define and solve problems and to identify opportunities
* Strong interpersonal skills in order to lead without authority, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines and in matrix organization.
* Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal customers.
* Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing are required.
* Proven project management skills, performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution.
* Clear history of exercising sound business judgment and clear decision-making.
* Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups.
* Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g., MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelors in Business, Economics, Finance or related field plus 7-10+ years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Or Masters, MBA plus 4-8+ years relevant experience.
* Pharmaceutical or Medical Device experience required. Leadership and Management experience preferred.
* Bachelor s degree in related field required.
* Must be fluent in conversational and written English.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :