Senior Manager, Non Traditional Franchise Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Senior Manager, Non Traditional Franchise Development
Manages all the planning and execution of the Non Traditional Development Strategy within an assigned area of North America.
Specific responsibilities include the development of new restaurant locations, renewals of existing restaurant locations, recruitment of new "institutional" franchisees, appropriate placement of our existing traditional franchisees with opportunities, management of relationships within channels (airports, colleges, military, casinos, travel centers, etc.), and management of relationships with our franchise community.
Develops and executes the annual AOP for Non Traditional Development within assigned area. Manages the non traditional development pipeline and end-of-period reporting of non traditional projects. Supports the overall goals of the development team.
Successful candidate must have a proven track record with sourcing, qualifying and securing franchisee opportunities in non-traditional venues. This individual will have a strong background enabling accelerated growth, setting and exceeding goals and a high level of business acumen combined with the ability to think strategically. Successful candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills and the exceptional capacity for negotiating and closing franchise agreements.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops NEW Non-Traditional restaurants to include but not limited to Airports, Universities, Military Bases, Casinos and Travel Centers for both IHOP and Applebee s brands.
- With cross-functional support, owns the development process from selling and deal closing to restaurant opening.
- Assists in creating, overseeing and executing the franchise sales process lead generation, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, and awarding contracts to meet development goals.
- Communicates and interacts with potential franchise partners in a manner which conveys detailed understanding of restaurant operations and profitability, demonstrates a strong business acumen.
- Utilizes a vast amount of franchise sales lead generation tools to deliver a qualified pool of candidates to perform due diligence on our brand portfolio.
- Brand ambassador hosting non-traditional candidate meetings, restaurant/market tours and overall disclosure of key benefits of the DineEquity brands.
- Consistently upholds the profile of desired non-traditional franchise partners experience level, financial capabilities and business plan objectives.
- Conducts due diligence on prospective candidates.
- Works closely with the Executive Director of Non Traditional Development to deliver in-person brand development strategies and attributes to key Non-traditional restaurant operating groups.
- Stays current with industry trends as it relates to brand positioning and franchising for non-traditional restaurant portfolios.
- Provides thought leadership with regards to Franchise Marketing.
- Attends relevant trade shows to network for new candidates and industry information.
**Responsibilities in this role can sit remotely in the US**
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- College graduate
- Minimum 5-7 years non-traditional franchise sales and development experience
- Full service, casual or family dining, QSR franchise operations industry experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to understand and relate to numerous franchise partners with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Possesses a high degree of independent drive with a proven track record of achieving results
- Experience working independently
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
* Disability Coverage
* Coverage for Domestic Partner
* Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
* Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we*
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities we serve.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Send This Job to a Friend