Senior Manager, Organization Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Organization Design team is an internal consulting team within the People Strategies department of Cox Automotive Inc., a division of Cox Enterprises Inc. and is part of a broader team that leads Change Management. The goal of the Organization Design team is to design organizations that are aligned to and positioned to achieve their strategic goals and sustained business results. For transformative changes, the Organization Design team also has responsibility for helping business leaders successfully implement the organization design by developing and executing change strategies and change plans.
The Organization Design team is currently recruiting a Senior Manager to support Cox Automotive Corporate Services, including Strategy, Finance, Legal, Corporate Development, Marketing, and Client Success. . The Senior Manager role will report to the Organization Solutions Director as part of the Organizational Effectiveness team within People Strategies. The individual in this position will identify, scope, lead and manage a portfolio of Organization Design projects that can range in size, scope, and topic area depending on the specific needs of the business. This role will be responsible for partnering directly with Executives, Department/Functional Leaders, Business Managers, and Human Resource Business Partners to enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Confirm need for redesign/restructuring through comprehensive organizational diagnostic assessments and refer business partners or leaders to appropriate People Strategies or other centers of excellence, as appropriate
* Lead and/or provide guidance throughout all stages of organization design, redesign, and restructuring efforts ranging from small changes to large transformations with significant impact
* Understand dependencies of organization design, redesign, and restructuring efforts within a larger business transformation and integration effort and identify/communicate milestones, progress to milestones, and any potential risks/challenges with mitigation strategies
* Research leading practice organization structures, operating models, size, spans of control, number of levels, etc.
* Develop operating models, high-level organization designs, and detailed organization structures for departments, business units, and enterprise-wide functions
* As necessary and part of organization design projects, design role profiles and/or new jobs that are included in the future state organization structure
* Provide input to and/or document change impacts and develop high-level workforce transition plans
* Guide HR business partners and business leaders through the review and approval process for proposed future state
Conduct in-depth organizational assessments/diagnostics to identify root cause of organizational effectiveness and business performance issues
Formulate sound, reliable, and comprehensive recommendations to improve organization s performance and business results
Present findings and recommendations to Business Leaders and HRBPs, work together to determine plan for implementation, measure outcomes to ensure success
* Develop and execute change management strategies and tactical plans for organization design and restructuring efforts
* As necessary, partner cross-functionally with Change Management teammates, HRBPs and Internal Communications to execute tactical change plans
* Leverage Cox Automotive change management tools to ensure consistency in change management practices and understanding across
* Assess and prioritize strategic work as needed according to business impact
* Build and establish positive working and advisory/consulting relationships with all levels of Media leadership/ management as well as the People Strategies team
* Create and present holistic, high-quality deliverables to Business Leaders at all levels
* Stay informed of leading practices as well as information on future trends and forces as it relates relevant topic areas
* Project planning and delivery skills including the ability to create work plans, execute work plans, status, identify and manage risk/issues
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Organization Development and/or Effectiveness, or related field or equivalent work experience
* Master s degree in Business Administration preferred
* 10+ years of experience in related fields providing consultation to business leaders around organization/ job design and organization restructuring
* Management consulting experience preferred
* Strong experience with the following areas:
* Organization design
* Internal and/or external consulting
* Project management
* Developing ideas from concept through implementation
* Group facilitation
* Travel up to 25%
* Strategic big picture and process thinking; Strong intellectual curiosity
* Strong understanding of organization design, and solid understanding behind change management and organization development principles
* Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
* Must be independent self-starter and results/value driven
* Positive, can-do attitude; energetic, enthusiastic, determined, and goal-oriented
* Ability to interface and influence executive level partners
* Ability to lead internal consulting projects and to partner effectively with HRBPs
* Excellent communicator (verbal and written); very strong presentation and facilitation skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to create high-quality deliverables and represent concepts through presentations and discussions
* Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time