Senior Manager Outbound Transportation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager Outbound Transportation
Position ID: req4536
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Location: Charlotte Office, 10200 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262-2373 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/7/2016
This position will be responsible for the outbound finished goods transportation from all Electrolux North American shipping facilities. This person will be responsible for all carrier service contracts and relationships. Other responsibilities include the management of a third party logistics relationship, ensuring that all spend and service levels are met. The position provides coordination between various teams such as manufacturing, purchasing, and sales to accomplish company objectives. The person is considered to be an industry expert regarding transportation and logistics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accountable for an outbound finished goods Transportation spend of $240M
* Manage the third party logistics relationship and contract for finished goods transportation which includes approximately 60 employees.
* Negotiate/approve all carrier contracts.
* Ensure timely payment of transportation providers.
* Develop and maintain key carrier relationships.
* Manage the productivity projects and goals for outbound finished goods transportation.
* Act as a liaison with the Distribution and Inbound Transportation teams to assist them in reaching productivity goals.
* Responsible for established metrics concerning service and cost.
* Managing 3PL contract insuring compliance
* Act as an industry expert on all transportation and logistics related topics.
* Manage consultant needs and relationships.
* Proficient in network optimization.
* Manage risk for service and costs.
* Liaison with other groups (Sales, Operations, Product Groups, Purchasing, Global, ESA, Professional, ETC) to insure connectivity.
* Bachelor s degree (Logistics or Engineering Preferred)
* Minimum 5 plus years experience in Logistics.
* Experience in managing a third party logistics relationship.
* Experience in managing appliance and/or furniture transportation (Preferred)
* Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated success in leading and managing people in a team-based environment.
* Ability to influence people that are not direct reports.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated track record of outstanding team building, and managing projects to completion.
* Strong network in Logistics industry
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Highly self motivated and self directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent people skills
* Team player
* Excellent organizational skills
* Continuous improvement mindset
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.