Senior Manager, Procurement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
The Data and Devices business unit of TE Connectivity is looking for a North American and EMEA Procurement leader. This position will report into the Global Procurement Director and this individual will directly manage a team of Commodity Managers within the NA and EMEA regions.
This role also requires close engagement with both the engineering and development communities to assure the correct sourcing decision from our products inception.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Manage a team of Commodity Managers and develop talent of the team
* Suggest and direct design teams to appropriate sources of supply and raw materials
* Stay informed regarding new technologies and materials to support the industry
* Assure business objectives are met such as low cost materials, multiple sourcing, supplier risk assessment, etc.
* Bridge gap between purchasing and development communities
* Support optimal source selection/supplier selection
* Assure safe launch from development to HVM (high volume manufacturing), relative to outside sourcing
* Leverage global negotiations/contracts to ensure global pricing and availability of material
* Establish strong communication channels with the BU/industry core teams, product management, quality, etc.
* Ensure team is providing lowest initial project pricing, drive low cost country localization
* Engagement and/or technical growth of strategic suppliers in development stage
* Leverage spend where practical with global commodity suppliers
* Responsible for supplier risk assessment (supplier assessments and/or audits)
* Ensure team is utilizing cost modelling tools
* Install consignment contracts and supplier managed inventory contracts
* Leverage and promote standard global procurement processes, tools and best practices
* Support supply chain footprint and migration planning as it applies to the movement of direct materials and tooling
* Lead and or collaborate with all TE business units on large scale RFQ packages
* Establish strategic and growth supplier list and drive the reduction of low spend suppliers across all commodities
* Ensure strategic supplier performance reviews are driving improvements across all KPI s
* Collaborate with quality organization on initiatives to improve supplier quality, as well as drive corrective actions to minimize future product rejections
* Align team performance objectives to those key to the operations team, as well as DND overall.
* Provide guidance to tactical procurement team, to ensure business awards and pricing align to the negotiated terms established by the sourcing team.
* Collaborate with Center Led Procurement Teams to drive Productivity across raw materials and directly impact DND profitability
* Direct activities with the International Procurement Organization (IPO) team to localize direct material spend in low cost countries where applicable.
* Bachelor level degree in Business, Procurement, Finance or related field. Advanced degree a plus
* ISM CPM or ISM CPSM certification a plus
* 7+ years of experience in engineering and/or procurement / supply chain / operations management or related field
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to speak persuasively in front of a large audience which may include management at the executive level
* Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, able to work well with international teams and individuals, not afraid to push for change
* Strong analytical skills
* Familiarity with e-sourcing
* Demonstrated negotiation skills
* Strong project management skills, with experience leading and supporting large scale projects
* Must be extremely organized and able to meet or exceed critical deadlines
* Ability for periodic travel required
* Proficient in MS office suite; advanced Excel, Power point
* Previous SAP experience or training a plus
* General understanding of the electronic components industry