Senior Manager, Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelcome to SapientNitro. We're an agency changing the game -- redefining the way that brands engage consumers by creating compelling stories and experiences that attract and resonate across an ever-evolving landscape. Our work pushes past boundaries and channels. It wins awards. But most importantly, it makes an impact for our clients and their customers. And makes us excited to step through the door each morning. We help one another climb, we dont climb over one another. Integrity and a team-driven environment connect entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If youre ready to be an Idea Engineer with the brightest minds in the industry and do things that haven't yet been imagined, lets see where you can put your talents to work.
Senior Manager, Program Management
The primary functions of this position include project and program management, client management and team leadership. The Senior Manager, Program Management position requires a sufficient breadth and depth of expertise in Sapients capabilities to lead large multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions. The most typical project roles for the Sr. Manager, Program Management are Project Manager (PM), on projects with team sizes ranging from 25-35 people, and Program Manager (PGM), for relatively small-scale programs (2-5 projects).
The Sr. Manager, Program Management manages complex, multi-track projects or small-scale programs to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards. He/she uses advanced problem solving skills, business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. He/she must have a solid understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced integrated solutions to our clients challenging business problems.
In performing the essential functions of this role, the work environment is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel is required.
* Structures and manages integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs of multiple projects. Leads the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapts and applies the Sapient Approach to meet project and program objectives and client business drivers. Establishes and maintains project and/or program communications. Oversees project estimations and staffing. Oversees the development of project deliverables. Establishes and maintains processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle. Identifies and manages project and/or program issues. Sets project quality and performance standards. Assesses and manages risk within, and across, multiple projects. Maintains project tracking and information systems
* Partners with other project leaders to lead teams of 25 people. Builds and structures the project team to ensure maximum performance. Provides purpose, direction and motivation to team. Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria. Ensures key project and program-wide roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects. Ensures a positive, collaborative work environment for the team. Directly supervises the work of Associate Project Manager(s), Project Managers, Track Leads & Domain Leads. Mentors and coaches project team members, as appropriate. Manages third-party partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary
* Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction. Manages peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.). Develops relationships with, and ensures the appropriate participation of, key client stakeholders and client executives. Provides day-to-day project contact for the client
* Maintains awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions (i.e. news events, trends, mergers, etc.). Works with business unit leadership to pursue, shape and sell holistic Sapient client solutions utilizing innovative sales tools and strategies. Participates in recruitment and hiring activities, including interviewing and conducting hiring exercises for Associates, Sr. Associates, Managers and other Sr. Managers in the Program. Management Domain. Manages the career of up to 6 individuals
* Participates in, and assists with, company events such as training and internal initiatives. Contributes to the ongoing development of the. Program Management Domain and community at Sapient. Participates in progress and quality reviews of other projects. Actively shares knowledge and learning from project experiences
* Bachelors degree required or equivalent military experience
* MBA/ Master's degree preferred
* 10 years project management experience in successfully delivering marketing and technology solutions, consulting experience preferred
* Mandatory experience leading diverse project types and future interest should include supporting the following project types: technology, creative and strategy
* Experience using object oriented design and development methodologies- Agile experience required
* Led diverse teams of 25 or more people in dynamic and fast-paced environments in a globally distributed model, with resources representing multiple disciplines (such as marketing, technology, creative, production)
* Accountability for budget or client revenue of $3M-$6M
* 3 years of client management experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships at the executive level across marketing & technology departments, experience should include external client management and negotiations
* Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program)
* Experience and interest in supporting new business initiatives
* Demonstrated ability to craft and define a strategic business solution based on broad client goals
SapientNitro, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a new breed of agency redefining storytelling for an always-on world. Were changing the way our clients engage todays connected consumers by uniquely creating integrated, immersive stories across brand communications, digital engagement, and omni-channel commerce. We call it Storyscaping, where art and imagination meet the power and scale of systems thinking. SapientNitros unique combination of creative, brand and technology expertise results in one global team collaborating across disciplines, perspectives and continents to create game-changing success for our Global 1000 clients, such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target, and Vodafone, in 31 cities across The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit www.sapientnitro.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.