Senior Manager, Program Management Office (PMO) Engineering 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Senior Manager, Project Management Engineering position reports to the Director of Engineering, Appliances, and will lead the Project Management Office for the Appliances Business Unit. This role will require strong leadership in order to position the Appliances BU as an execution expert with customers.
* Project Management Office Provide leadership to 10 global Project Managers responsible for over 160 New Product Development and Advanced Development projects. Ensure strong project management practices are followed to successfully deliver new product launches for all product families. Collaborate closely with all functions including design and manufacturing teams - to deliver new products on time. Ensure best practice sharing with other TE Business units.
* LEANPD Process Owner Ensure compliance to both the corporate and Business Unit-specific LEANPD (New Product Development) and LEAP (Advanced Development) requirements. Facilitate and communicate changes and improvements to the Appliances LEANPD and LEAP requirements through soliciting stakeholder input. Communicate these changes throughout the Business Unit to ensure compliance.
* Project Portfolio Management Lead the quarterly Portfolio Management Team meetings. Provide data analysis to support active portfolio management.
* Engineering Reporting and KPI management Prepare and report on Engineering and PMO KPIs with recommendations to go forward. Provide all executive-level communication materials for Monthly report, MBR (Monthly Business Review), and QBR (Quarterly Business Review).
* Improvements Lead improvements in On time delivery, Requirements and Systems engineering, and Sustaining engineering projects for the Appliances Business Unit.
* Customer Focus - Lead enhancements in customer timeline integration, on time delivery, requirements, systems engineering and sustaining engineering projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering
* 5+ years in a program management and people leadership position with 8+ years of project management experience
* Experience with leading a Program Management team/office and strong portfolio management experience
* Project Management certifications (PMI, PMP) are a plus, but not required
* Demonstrated cross-functional experience through multiple Engineering roles
* Individual must be a self-starter that requires minimum supervision, have strong planning skills and be able to deal with and balance multiple priorities
* Strong background in New Product Development (LEANPD) principals
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong influencing and motivational skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
* Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities and drive for results
* Strong escalation management skills
* Excellent judgment, timely and high quality decision-making skills
* Culturally sensitive
* Strong ability to set goals and lead and motivate team members, develop, coach and recruit team members
* Ability to work within a cross functional team to maintain schedule and financial goals throughout a project
* Strong business acumen