Senior Manager, Record to Report Global Process Lead 8/25/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Record to Report (RTR) Global Process Lead is an important leadership role to drive continuous improvement across Gilead s business processes and systems. The role is in the Controllership function and reports to the Director of Business Process and Delivery. This role will be based in Foster City, CA. Global Process Leads continuously improves and simplifies Gilead s business process landscape by incorporating leading practice principles that will enable scalability and improve the control environment to support Gilead s Growth.
Success in this position is actively and effectively engaging business partners and key stakeholders and defining an overall vision for the Record to Report process and a road map to achieve it. Determining what success looks like for an effective and scalable Record to Report process (e.g., understanding key metrics that drive efficiency and effectiveness) is important as this will provide a scalable operating model to meet Gilead s growth globally.
Specific Job Requirements:
* Strong understanding of Record to Report leading practices and applying them
* Timely delivery of key initiatives/projects
* Work with business partners to define future state RTR operating model for Gilead Finance by leveraging KPI s
* Identify process synergies, develop standards and enhance policies/procedures across worldwide processes
* Determine and scope projects based on challenges identified in the end to end process
* Ability to assess the RTR process with an integrated end to end approach
* Establish operating model and cadence to pro-actively work with business partners to obtain the pulse of the organizations
* Advocate for sharing of leading practices across regions and drive continuous improvement through metrics (e.g., what does success look like*)
* Establish and participate in the project prioritization process and partner with IT and Finance leadership in determining overall project portfolio roadmap
* Effectively manage process improvement projects and or enhancements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Work closely in Close with Consolidations, Financial Reporting, or General Ledger processes
* Process improvement concepts
* Ability to engage business partners
* Understanding of Six Sigma concepts
* Project Management
* Ability to handle multiple projects
* Work with a global finance team
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* BA or BS degree in Business or Accounting.
* Strong understanding of the Record to Report process.
* Strong understanding of Oracle Financials Suite and experience in deploying globally Oracle GL, AGIS
* Strong understanding of management reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion and OBIEE)
* Prior management consulting experience
* Experience in leading global projects and teams
* Strong presentation and communication skills. Strong PowerPoint skills are a must.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :