Senior Manager Regional Reimbursement - Central
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout the role
In order to help Cochlear to ensure market access to our life changing therapies, we are recruiting for a Senior Manager Regional Reimbursement in the Central United States.
To be successful in this role you'll be able to increase patient access to Cochlear devices through payer advocacy and health policy strategy execution. You'll work collaboratively with our sales, clinical, regulatory, reimbursement, marketing, and operations groups to maximize patient access through favorable insurance coverage and remove reimbursement barriers. This manager role is responsible for driving the reimbursement strategy for the central region.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of the evolving healthcare system. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've seen increased patient access in the territory you manage.
* Drive key initiatives to support regional and territory strategic reimbursement initiatives for Cochlear America's product portfolio
* Act as an expert reimbursement consultant to both internal and external customers.
* Monitor, assess, and report provider, payer, and legislative regional trends and developments to support strategic and tactical planning in assigned territories.
* Provide input regarding strategic and short-term plans, future coding, reimbursement and clinical evidence needs.
* Manage day-to-day reimbursement activities to achieve key business objectives
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
* College graduate.
* At least 5-7 years overall healthcare experience required to include demonstrated experience in medical device reimbursement, market access, reimbursement policy, or reimbursement experience in hospital/physician practices with particular emphasis on healthcare payer operations
* Must have good understanding and working knowledge of private, federal, and state healthcare coverage; healthcare economics; physician business practices; and healthcare coverage and policy development.
* Must possess excellent customer services skills, excellent deductive skills, very strong written and verbal communications skills, strong analytic skills, and ability to work independently
* Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Must be motivated, detail and deadline oriented, and organized. Relationships with private, state, or federal payers a plus.
* Should reside in or be willing to relocate to the Western region of the US
* Travel as required; approximately 50%
Working at Cochlear Americas:
* Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
* Diverse culture
* Highly collaborative team environment
* Opportunities for growth and development
* Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear's global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
* The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
* The Organization A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
* The Opportunity To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.