Manager, IT Release Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job TItle: Manger, IT Release Management
Location: San Francisco
Manager of IT Release Management will be responsible for managing a team of IT Release Managers responsible for planning, coordination and oversight of all IT application releases, emergency change requests, and major program UAT & go-live cutovers. IT Release Management team work closely with application development teams, Program Managers, application system specialists, and environment and deployment services teams, In addition to managing releases and leading cross-functional teams, the successful candidate will drive definition and evolution of release and cutover processes and automation to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth and operational complexity of the enterprise IT landscape. The ideal candidate will have strong program management skills and release management experience with multiple enterprise IT Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premise applications.
* Drive the on-time and effective delivery of high-quality, enterprise IT application releases and projects.
* Manage and drive release planning and execution processes
* Manage and drive definitions of cutover planning and cutover execution processes across major IT projects.
* Manage and drive portfolio of release schedules and milestones.
* Plan, staff, and lead multiple cross-functional teams to support releases and projects of varying size, complexity and duration.
* Collaborate and manage release processes across all functions within IT and with business stakeholders
* Manage and drive continuous improvement of IT release processes.
* Implement best practices consistent with agile development methodology and enterprise IT program management & delivery.
* Manage and enhance change control processes for the IT releases.
* Define and manage release readiness and success criteria processes
* Manage and drive proactively identification and mitigations of risks and removal of obstacles to releases
* Manage and drive the completion of root cause analysis and actions to ensure issues do not recur.
* Provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments through ensuring release readiness and adequate deployment runlist handoff.
* Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
* Conduct interview, hiring, and onboarding of Release Management employees and contractors.
* Provide guidance to team members focusing on career path direction and growth, cross functional collaboration, focusing on distribution of workload.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or other technical field
* Minimum 6-10 years of prior experiences in enterprise IT applications, IT consulting, or system integration projects
* Minimum 2-4 years of people management, technical program management, or technical team lead roles spanning multiple IT project phases (planning, development, testing, deployment, and support) of project delivery lifecycle.
* Minimum 3-5 years release management experience in an enterprise IT environment.
* Strong project management and process execution
* Able to define and drive implementation of release and cutover management concepts, processes, and tools
* Experience working within a framework of corporate risk controls (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley)
* Experience with agile development methodologies and the ITIL framework.
* Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including ability to work with engineers and executives simultaneously
* Proven leadership capabilities with matrixed teams and ability to drive issues to closure.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and fast-paced environment.
* Experience with multi-tiered system operations, including web, application, and database operational support & services.
* Experience working with 24x7 operations and global delivery teams.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.